One of Those Moments (Any Ship)

Title: One of Those Moments

Pairing: THIS IS IMPORTANT. There is no specified pairing for this, so I'm going to ask you to close your eyes and think of your favorite ship. Got one in mind? Kay, good. Now think of the girl in the relationship- mhmm, you got one? Good. Now read the one-shot, and picture it in that person's POV.

Prompt: a very depressing one-shot I recently read. D:

Genre: finally, a one-shot that I can actually genre-ify. ANGST. FO' SURE.

Song: "Amnesia" by 5sos, even thought it hardly goes with the one-shot. -.-

Warnings: thoughts of suicide, thoughts of worthlessness, depression. Nothing huge, though.

Word Count: 1,090

Do you ever have one of those moments when...

When nothing matters anymore?

When it seems as if every good thing has been forcefully torn from your life, from the life you used to actually enjoy?

That moment when you glance around at the emotional wreckage that used to be your heart, and you wonder why you haven't noticed all the demons and the fire and the heartbreak sooner. You wonder if maybe they were there all along.

You wonder if there's even the smallest chance of getting rid of them and being happy.

And then you quickly dismiss the thought, because the only person in the entire universe who would have been able to do that for you, would have been able to get rid of the heartbreak, would have been able to make you happy again...

He doesn't want to.

And you sit there on the bed, the one you've been crying on ever since he left, and you scold yourself mentally for even thinking about him because you're too exhausted and defeated to actually scold yourself out loud. And you bury your face in your tear-stained pillow while you try to bury all thoughts of him in the back of your mind, because you know, you are absolutely certain, that you will never forget him, and so pushing him to the back of your mind is the next best thing.

And then you scoff at yourself because you know you aren't even capable of pushing him to the back of your mind. You'll always be thinking about him, you won't stop thinking about him until he comes back to you.

And he'll never come back to you, so that last sentence was actually pretty redundant.

And you push your tear-streaked, memory-stained pillow aside. You push yourself off your bed, you stand up straight. You stare at the mirror on the wall, and you look yourself in the eye, and you say/think to yourself, "No. No, I am not going to think about him for the rest of my life. I refuse to waste any more of my thoughts on someone as inconsiderate, rude, and evil as him. He doesn't deserve my thoughts."

And then you sort of just break down, hugging that trusty pillow of yours again, because you're fairly sure that every single word in that little pep talk you just gave yourself was a lie. He is not inconsiderate, he is sensitive and sweet. He is perfect. He is not rude, he is extremely polite, and he is perfect. He is not evil, no, no, he is the epitome of good.

Oh, yeah.

And he's also perfect.

And you will definitely, absolutely, positively, no-doubt be wasting your thoughts on him for the rest of your entire life.