Camfish

DISCLAIMER: NEITHER OF THESE BOYS ARE GAY OR IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER. PLEASE DON'T BOTHER THEM ABOUT IT AS THEY ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE SUBJECT.

Pairing: Camfish

JUST READ IT.

Word Count: 1445

Camto's POV

“Hobbits love codfish!” I laugh.

Then I freeze in my seat.

I didn't really just say that, did I? N-No, I- I couldn't have, I- How could I be so stupid!? Now everyone's going to know, and I've tried so hard to keep it a secret, a-and-

“Yeah, fish and chips, man,” Pierson chuckles as his in-game character continues to run in circles around the Minecraft Musical Chairs arena. Thank goodness.

This happens all the time. I'll be recording a Minecraft session with some of my friends, ad the I'll make a stupid slip-up that very nearly gives away my biggest secret. Every time, though, Pierson or one of the others will unknowingly cover for me.

Or maybe it's not unknowingly.

Maybe they know.

Oh my gosh, what if they do know? They must hate me! Oh, what if they hate me!? I can't handle that! Ugh, what am I gonna do? I don't know what to do, I don't know, I don't know-

“I don't know!” I say loudly. My eyes widen, and I only miss half of a beat before adding casually, “what song this is.”

“I think it's- yeah, it's Radioactive,” Joe informs me, and once again I internally melt at his perfect voice.

Yeah, I know, I've got it bad.

“Nooo! Cam!” Pierson exclaims, and I snap out of my thoughts only to realize my character has failed the mini game and fallen into the void. Whoops.

“Hey, you alright, buddy? You seem a little out of it,” Joe comments.

What do I say!?

“He was probably distracted by my rambling about whether or not I was on the right color,” Pierson suggests in an apologetic tone.

“Yeah, that's all,” I confirm. And, once again, Pierson has saved my butt without even knowing it.

Or what if he does know it!?

Here we go again...

☼☼☼

“Dude, you're getting worse at hiding it,” Pierson warns me, shaking his head. Joe left not long ago, but Pierson wanted me to stay so he could talk to me about something- about this.

I am terrified.

“W-What do you mean?” I ask. “Hiding what?”

Pierson rolls his eyes. “Your crush, stupid.”

I fidget under his gaze, shifting my weight from foot to foot and pushing my glasses up farther on my nose. “What crush? I-I don't have a crush.”

“Cameron,” Pierson groans, facepalming and peeking out at me through his fingers. “Seriously.”

I sigh, whispering, “How'd you know?”

“It was pretty obvious, to be honest.”

“Oh no, oh gosh, oh- he- does he know?” I ask frantically, worry taking over my thoughts.