One More Time (Any Ship) (STC)

GUYS. GUYS, I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY SOCIETY SAYS 'STRAIGHT' IS NORMAL AND 'GAY' IS BAD.

IT'S CAUSE FANFICS GET EXTREMELY CONFUSING WHEN YOU HAVE ONLY THE WORD 'HE' TO REFER TO YOUR CHARACTERS WITH RATHER THAN BOTH 'HE' AND 'SHE.'

YES.

OBVIOUSLY.

Now, if some smart person would create two words, one that meant 'the girl in the relationship' and one that meant 'the guy in the relationship,' the world would be a better place.

*sigh* This is why no one ever comes to me when in need of help with solving the world's problems.

Title: One More Time

Pairing: This is one of those oneshots where you just insert your OTP into the story. The girl in the relationship will be in normal print, and the guy will be in bold. (Until the end, when the entire fic gets rather confusing.)

Code: YES, there is a code, but it's a crappy one that is totally not worth your time. Literally. Like, I wanted to put a code in here (Actually, I've been thinking of making an entire 'solve the code' oneshot book), but I didn't know what to put, so... yeah. It's fairly easy. I'm not gonna give you any hints.

Genre: Angst

Apologies: I'M SORRY, I FEEL LIKE I WRITE TOO MANY SAD ONESHOTS LATELY (someone even pointed it out on fanfiction, oops). I think it's my music choice. :P All I listen to is sad music about break ups and death and how tomorrow never dies... ugh. Does anyone know a HAPPY song about love? (that last song I referenced actually isn't about love, I've just been playing it – along with Lost Boy, Close as Strangers, and Beside You – for hours now.)

Warnings: bit of blood (not very graphic, though), self-harm, broken hearts, FEELS – kay, actually, I haven't gotten that many feels from this one. Then again, I wrote it, so... Whatevs. It has the capability for feels, I guess. Sort of.

Word Count: 857

He was used to being ignored.

Yes, he was certainly used to it.

But he was also used to having his best friend – his secret crush – to rely on.

Which is why he cracked so quickly, so easily, when that best friend moved on.

Not to the next life – no, no.

Just to the next lunch table.

He was tired of being just friends.

Yes, so tired. So, so tired.

But he was able to get through each day by remembering that his best friend had never done anything that looked even remotely like the actions of a straight man.

Which is why he cried for so long after seeing his friend kissing one of the most popular girls in the school.

He didn't know that his friend was being kissed against his will – no, no.

He had no idea.

He was sick of hiding the cuts.

Yes, sick. In more ways than one.

But he was able to survive the horrors of his life simply by staring wistfully – and uninterrupted – at his old friend where he sat at the 'popular table.'