Ssunkipz (Clean)

Title: Clean

A continuation of "Apologize" and "Never Again (Solve the Code)."

Pairing: Ssunkipz

Song: "Clean" by Taylor Swift

Genre: Angst/freedom (is freedom a genre? *derp face* WELL IT IS NAO)

Prompt: Well, I really wanted to do a one-shot for this song, and I was originally going to make it a kktato since there are, like, three fanfics (even less than munchinuniverse!) for that ship. But then I started thinking about how perfectly Ian would fit into this song after going through the heart-wrenching events of "Apologize" and "Never Again," and... I don't know, I just... I feel like Ian deserves a happy ending. :)

Warnings: Erm, bit of feels?

Word Count: 1,447, but some of that is song lyrics.

The drought was the very worst

When the flowers that we'd grown together

Died of thirst

"No, I- I'm trying, Ty, I'm trying so hard, but I miss him so much!" I wail over the phone as tears leave tracks on my cheeks. I want him back so badly, but I'm the one who broke up with him. I broke it off because he was bad for me – he broke my heart over and over, but he always tried to get me back. And he always did get me back, that was the problem! Over and over, I forgave him, and over and over, he made me regret it!

But I need him. He's a part of me.

A really big part of me.

"You can't give in, Ian," Ty says sternly. "I promised to keep you from going back to him, and I intend to keep that promise.

"But, Ty, I need him! I need to feel his arms around me again, I need to hear his voice whispering sweet nothings in my ear, I need to feel his lips on mine, I-"

"No, Ian, you don't. You're suffering from Quentin-withdrawal; he's like a drug, and you're addicted. It's gonna hurt when you try to stop, but when it's completely over and done with, you will feel so much better."

"A-Are you sure?" I ask hesitantly, not quite believing that anyone could be okay without Quentin after having him for even a small period of time.

"Positive."

It was months and months of back and forth

You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress

I can't wear anymore

"I'll just call him once," I tell myself as I pace back and forth in my room. "I'll talk to him a little bit, just a little bit, and maybe then we can be come friends again, and-"

I cut myself off, ignoring how totally insane I sound. "No, Ian, you can't do that, that's stupid. If you get to be friends again, you'll end up wanting more, and he'll go back to seeking you out whenever he goes through a break-up. You have to stay strong. You have to stay clean."

"Then again-"

"No. Stay clean."

Hung my head as I lost the war

And the sky turned black like a perfect storm

I throw my head back and laugh happily, my mood greater than it's been all year. "You're kidding!"