Requested: Storyshift Sans X Reader

This would be the end of my journey in the underground. Everything I decide to do here now would affect not only my fate but everyone else in the underground. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous scared even. I've heard about the king of monsters, he's a lazy skeleton they say, but think, can such a lazy skeleton claim the soul of six humans? No, there has to be more to him than just the puns people say he tells.

I'm so scared, I don't want to hurt anyone, especially his brother. But I have to do this. I entered and the king sat before me on his throne, quiet lazily actually.

"Heh, you must be the human"

I don't know what happened, when I laid my eyes upon him in that golden room that shimmered with light bloomed with flowers and heard his voice, I froze.

"You okay there kid?"

I snapped out of it and blinked, I didn't even realise when he stood up.

"us know, if your not ready you can take your time, because after this theres no turning back." he said tiredly.

My lips trembled "Do we have to fight?"

He let out a sigh and closed his eyesockets. " I'm sorry kid, tibia honest I wish there was another way, but all of what I'm doing is for everyone, for him. " he said almost sadly.

"I don't want to fight" I whispered

"...."

"ready" I looked at him

He closed his eyes, "Ya know... It's beautiful day outside, the birds are singing the flowers a blooming, it's a shame on days like these... Kids like you end up here"

The battle started and the mercy button broke before I could blink with his attack.

"Gotta make this serious"

"Now kid, this it" the lights in his eyes disappeared and I tensed. Things just got real.

I noticed by just a second a barely got out of the way. It was some kind of beam and it graced me by the arm.

"I was hoping to make this quick, that one usually gets em"

I gulped, I seriously could of died. I got to my feet and ran at him but then stopped in front of him. He seems confused.

'I can't fight him'

"Can't we talk?"

"Talking's over kid"

Multiple bones shot up in my direction a rolled out of the way and stopped myself.

"Please! I'm sure, there's another way! Papyrus wouldn't want this"

Sans attacks slows down a bit.

He threw more attacks after me. I got a few gashes here and there but I wasn't about to give up.

"He may not understand it now, but this for the best for him"

His attacks speed up again.

"Then... I guess I have no choice then...."

I ran at him again (fight)

He moved out the way, but how? He may be packing attacks but he doesn't look like he's agile at all or fast.

"What's with the look kid?"

Suddenly I couldn't move and I was being propelled backwards until I suddenly came to a stop. Then

*BAM!

I slammed into the floor and I felt all the air leave my host as I gasped. It took me a movement to move and I stood up.

I spit out blood that was building and wiped my mouth. I let out a breath.

"This would be slot easier for both of us if you just gave up"

"Then why don't you give up?"

"Geh I have things that I'm fighting for that's to important to give"

"funny... Because I do to... " Iran at him he tries to slowy movements.

I jumped just as he shot a bone up And I grabbed onto it. Propelling me into the air. I dove down tackling him, surprising him.

The force of it made us both fall to the ground and we rolled until I was ontop of him. I held onto him tightly hugging him not about to let go.

".....was this your plan the whole time?"

"yes"

"This won't solve anything, it won't get you past the barrier, and it won't get the monsters to the surface"

"That's just means two good people get to live and figure things out the right way"

He let out a sigh.

"Why don't you get off of me"

"No, you'll just start fighting me again"

"Come on kid, get up"

"No" you hugged tighter

He only sighs again.

"Welp looks like I lost, you won kid, I won't pursue this anymore"

"you promise?"

"..........Promise"

After a couple minutes you let him go. But you were still ontop of him. You both looked each other in the eyes, you didn't know what it was but just looking at him made your eyes sparkle, and your heart actually beat for the first time.

"You know im beginning to think you didnt want to let me go, because you enjoyed being close to me" he grinned

"wouldn't the same go for you? If you wanted you could of used your magic to get me off"

"touche"

You got off of him and sat on the floor next to him.

"So what's next?" he asked

"I don't know really, probably... Something weird.

You looked at him and him at you.

"Define weird?"

"I think I fell in love with you the moment I saw you"

"!!" he was surprised to say the least

"heh, I'm flattered kid"

I looked away in embarrassment and shame.

"You don't have to say anything I know it's strange...."

"I wouldn't say strange, it's natural"

I glanced at him from the side, "So things like this happens to you often?"

"heh no, it happens to monsters, but since your human I guess it is strange. "

"Can we not speak of this again"

"huh? No way, A cute little human embarrassed about confessing their love to me I have to talk about that, it's not everyday this happens ya know" he grinned

"I regret everything "

"Don't " he places his hand on the back of my head and pulled me into a kiss. My eyes widened and he pulled away.

"I'm giving ya a chance kid don't waste it" he winked and you blushed.

'Shes weird alright, falling in love with the very one whitried to take her soul a couple moments ago, but she's also cute.'

"you really have to be a special human" he stood up.

"My names y/n...."

"heh, it suits you"

And that was the start of you and sans beautiful relationship. After a couple months the two of you became a couple and broke the barrier, by a way no one else but you remembers.

You and sans lived happily on the surface with his brother.