#9

Harry's P.O.V (3rd person)

Harry stared at his reflection in the mirror, the lightning scar contrasting against the skin of his face, and his eyes, the eyes. His mother's eyes, but also the same shade of green he sees every night in his nightmares, that flash of bright green, the horror, his fault.

Harry didn't cry, but his eyes dulled and he went blank, no emotion showed on his face, instead, he turned away toward the shower. He undressed and stepped into it, he didn't bother turning on both taps, just one on full blast. He didn't even notice whether it was hot or cold, he was numb, inside and out. 

The room misted up and his skin burned, but he didn't notice, he cleaned his, face, hair and body then stepped out of the cubicle to dry himself. With a quick flick of his wand, he had a basic glamour, the tinge of red from his skin wasn't visible, nor were the scars or the dark circles under his eyes.

Harry turned to go back to the dormitory, and a silver-grey glint caught his eye before disappearing.

Draco, Harry thought about his eyes, he had beautiful eyes, the colour wasn't associated with evil yet green, green was a different matter. A dull ache entered his brain, he squeezed his eyes tightly closed, trying to shut out the pain. He shook himself, he deserved the pain, after what he'd done, those innocent people, lost, gone, all his fault. He opened his eyes and walked back into the dormitory.

There wasn't anyone there so Harry lay on his four-poster bed and thought, he thought about the way he talked to Draco, how it felt natural, how he didn't fake it, how he was actually amused, not happy, never happy. He thought about how he talked to Ron, Hermione and the rest of his friends, how he couldn't really talk to them. He knew they'd been through so much together but they still didn't understand what it was like;

The way Harry had been bullied as a child, abused although mostly verbal or as Dudley's 'punching bag'. There were also the times when Vernon had hit him, when he'd done something strange, and out of the ordinary. When those time happened he was beaten black and blue, but it was in places rarely seen by anyone, always hidden away, neither Ron nor Hermione had seen the other scar he had just below the hip, easily concealed by just wearing boxers. 

Of course, none of his friends had seen him naked, not even Ginny, they'd stayed apart after the war. Harry wasn't able to do it anymore, not with Fred being gone and whenever he really looked at Ginny he could see the resemblance and it killed him every time. Ron was similar as Harry didn't tend to really look at him anymore, he prefered to just look past his shoulder when he had to talk to him.

They didn't really understand how Harry had felt about those Voldemort or his 'death eater' followers had killed, it made him sick to the stomach and he almost went back to the bathroom throw up in the washing basin, but he held it back, he always held it back. 

Cedric, Sirius, Hedwig, Dobby, Fred, Tonks, Remus, Mad-eye, Dumbledore, and even Snape as well as so many others, with unknown names, their families, broken after the war, incomplete.

Harry Hadn't been able to stand going back to the Burrow in the holidays, instead, he'd gone back to number 12 Grimmauld place, where he'd found Kreature had done up the place. By done up, he meant it was decently clean and had no spider webs or any magical creatures hiding in random wardrobes.

The 'mobile device' flashed sitting innocently on his bedside table and a new message appeared on the screen. 

--------------

SlyFerret|: Harry? r u awake?   

BendyMan|: ahh, yes? y? 

_________________

A/N

I went ahead and did it without request, should i never do this again and keep it just to text? or should i do similar later

this is how I'm explaining the 'only confidant' comment harry made a few chapters back.

i added a bit in the first chapter about how they find out that they're both 8th years cos i realized they didn't actually know before (oops)

and thx for the votes and the 100+ views
but don't stop voting