#41

Harry and Draco 3rd person

Harry woke up to the sudden movement of Draco beside him, Draco was looking at Harry as he adjusted to his surroundings a small smile present on his face. 

"Morning sleepy-head," he said.

"How long have you been awake?" Harry asked groggily.

"Long enough to notice that you look adorable when you sleep, I couldn't bear to wake you." Harry blushed and ducked his head under the covers to hide his reddening face.

Their antics were interrupted by the sound of Madam Pomfrey opening her door to come out of her office caused Harry to rush into his own bed, nearly hitting his head on the frame.

Draco looked over to another bed in the room as he heard a stifled giggle, Pansy looked over at him and winked. She let go of Hermione's hand and sat up in bed as Madam Pomfrey went over to check on how she was doing.

Draco sighed in relief and looked over at Harry, who had somehow gotten under his covers and was pretending to sleep. Draco smiled at him amusedly, Harry opened one eye and looked over at Draco. Draco had to put a hand over his mouth at the bizarreness of the situation they were now in.

Madam Pomfrey shuffled around the room, checking on who was awake and seeing how they were doing after the ordeal they had all been through. She came around to where Harry and Draco were and they both greeted her. She told them to stay still while she cast a quick spell to check on how their bodies were holding up, she smiled and told them they could both leave and that they just needed to rest well over the next few nights. 

They got out of their respective beds and waved to the other occupants. As soon as they left they looked at each other awkwardly, the medical wing had felt like a sanctuary where they could do whatever they felt, but now, standing outside its protective doors they were at a loss. 

Neither have actually confessed any feelings towards the other, despite the obvious attraction they feel. How do they act now? Do they go back to what they were before? Could they go back even if they tried...?

Harry turned to Draco and opened his mouth to say something but before he was able to say anything he was interrupted.

"I've had a crush on you for what feels like forever," he said quickly, his gaze looking away from Harry, "like before we started talking. but it's not like I could really express it, nor was I really fully aware that that was what I was feeling towards you, I fooled myself into believing that I despised you for a long time and it worked." Draco gasped as he finished, his words seeming to be pulled from him by a rope.

Harry stared at Draco in shock, trying to process the words as Draco tried to turn and run. His eyes held fear as he turned but Harry grabbed his arm and prevented him from leaving.

Harry paused as he attempted to formulate a sentence that made sense in his head. "I can't say that I've liked you for a lot of years but I can say that I like you now. I was probably attracted to you at some point during my years here at Hogwarts, I mean I did spend all of sixth year following you around like a lost puppy," Harry laughed nervously, still holding onto Draco's arm.

Draco looked up at Harry, his eyes conveyed something that Harry found impossible to read a combination of relief, fear and something else that He couldn't understand or comprehend.

"What does this mean for us?" Draco asked tentatively.

"Well, do you want to be my boyfriend?" Harry asked equally as tentatively as Draco.

I didn't actually write this in the spur of the moment unlike usual, I actually wrote this over the course of a few days which i why it is longer than usual, I also did not write this author's note before finishing I did it part way through lmao.

I hope you enjoyed

Please VOTE and COMMENT your love and support

I would also like to say thank you for reading this far and voting if you have. It really does amaze me that there is  50k views and 3k votes. I can't even express my gratitude enough <3

~Lani