#39 The Infirmary

Wait, there's a name for this chapter????
Hah so I named a chapter, big deal, lol. Anyway I'm writing a non fanfiction gay story but I haven't actually posted it anywhere but I want people to be more involved in the creation of it, so imma putting a link into the comments of this chapter to the Google doc that I'm writing it on, if you want you can go have a quick look and give me some feedback. I would really appreciate it :)

3rd person POV

Everyone who had been involved in the fight lay in the beds, most of them were asleep. Luna and Ginny had woken up briefly upon arrival and had asked 'politely' (mostly it was just Ginny arguing that she wanted to be next to her girlfriend - it hadn't taken much persuading to be perfectly honest) if they could have two beds next to one another, and now the beds had somehow been moved closer together and they each held the others hand. A small smile could be seen quite obviously on both of their faces.

Blaise hadn't moved voluntarily since passing out during the fight and Ron having woken up a few minutes ago in the bed next to his had immediately moved his bed closer to Blaise, being careful not to actually touch him he pulled Blaise's sheets closer to his chin, clear worry evident in his expression.

Harry had pretended to sleep and had tried hard to actually sleep but he still found himself awake. He had also pretended not to notice Ron as he quietly worried for Blaise. He pretended not to notice when Hermione had reached out to graze Pansy's hand that had fallen off the bed as she'd slept. He had pretended not to see Pansy's small fingers curl around Hermione's. He tried not to notice Neville's heavy breathing as he clearly watched something in his dream that hurt him enough for him to quietly whimper into his pillow.

Instead, Harry's mind started playing the scenes he saw earlier repeatedly in his head, how could this have happened? he thought it was safe in Hogwarts. But then again, when had it ever really been safe at Hogwarts? Not a single year of him being here went without a hitch, first, the philosopher's stone, then Riddles diary, the whole Time Turner debacle and the other shit that happened to him that year. And who could forget the Triwizard tournament? And fifth year? Wasn't that fun. Being called a liar all year only to be proved right but Sirius was murdered was a great year too. And then the last time he was at Hogwarts for the sake of learning; the year that Dumbledore was killed.

Couldn't Harry just catch a break? Eight whole years of nothing to but trouble and he still couldn't get just a little time off?

Draco rolled over and Harry paused in his line of thinking. Then rolled over to face Draco. His silver eyes blinked at him sluggishly. Harry smiled at Draco and felt his heart leap up like an excited puppy as Draco softly and tiredly smiled back at Harry.

"You doing alright?" Harry whispered softly.

"Could be better," Draco said in a mildly sarcastic tone with a voice that evidently hadn't been used for a little while adding to the hoarseness of just waking up.

"Yeah, same here," Harry sighed and looked at Draco again. Against his will be felt his stomach flutter.

"Are you cold? I'm cold, what's the temperature in here?" Draco said breaking the brief silence between them.

"I guess it's cold, do you want something to warm you up?" Harry asked, looking for his glasses, so that he could find where Madam Pomfrey had put his wand.

"You would do nicely," Draco said blushing.

Harry processed his words slowly, coming to terms as to what they may or may not mean...

"You want me to get into your bed with you?"  Harry's voice was still a whisper but barely.

"Only if you want to..." Draco bit his lip uncertainty, as if regretting saying anythi g at all, oh why had he opened his big mouth?

"Ahh, okay then," Harry slowly maneuvered himself out of his bed and Draco shuffled over hiding his face a little. Was Harry really about to cuddle him to warm him up?

Harry awkwardly climbed into Draco's bed and slowly opened his arms, Draco slowly settled into them and pressed himself into Harry's warmer body only to find out that...

"Your feet are cold," Draco complained trying to recoil. But it was too late, Harry's arms now enclosed him and Harry was sound asleep.

Draco blinked and his eyes softened, he pecked Harry's nose softly before he too, fell asleep.

Wasn't this such a fluffy chapter??? And it's actually long... For me anyway...

Link will be commented here (I am still writing the story just not on docs, there's a small preview on tapas tho which is linked in my bio)

VOTE, COMMENT and SHOW YOUR LOVE :)

~Lani