(15) Awake

It was uncomfortable sleeping on the table in the center of the room, but I wasn't about to get in the bed with Landon whatsoever.

It was even more creepy when I woke up with my back aching, and Landon sitting right in front of me, staring at me while I was asleep.

I gasped and pushed my chair back away from the table.

   "L...lan...lan..."

   He smiled and said, "You're awake?"

   "Y...yeah?" I answered. How else is he suppose to talk to me if I wasn't awake?

   "I'm sorry about last night. I...I was overwhelmed by my own...desires. I couldn't believe I had actually come to this place. If it wasn't...but thank you for knocking me out. I would've done something horrible that I can't even imagine." Landon looked almost shy when he said those words.

"Um...I...um...you're welcome," I didn't look almost shy. I was blushing like a ripe tomato.

"You're really skillful for a girl, though, how you managed to knock me out. There are only few who could manage to do that in the country of Yan, but you are the only girl, though," Landon studied me closer this time.

   "I...it was a lucky hit, I guess." So Landon actually thinks it was me who knocked him out. How come? I couldn't have managed that from my position, but I wasn't about to tell him that. Because then he would wonder who really did it. And I wasn't going to tell him it was Old Man. He wouldn't believe me anyway.

   "If luck was the factor, then you must have plenty of luck," Landon softly laughed.

   Oh my gosh, Landon has never laughed for me before. I just noticed now that he has dimples. He's so much more attractive when he laughs. I mean, he's attractive at all times, but his laugh just added fifty points to his perfect score.

He stopped laughing and just smiled.

And looked at me, so our eyes met for a second, but I broke the connection.

"Ha, ha, do you want some breakfast? I'm hungry. Let's go get some breakfast," I stood and was about to leave when he jerked my arm, and I was forced to sit back down.

   "Tea, I will marry you..."