(24) Great General

We walked into the main hall, and I saw a middle-aged man sitting on a seat placed at the back wall of the room. This kind of makes me think of a throne room.

   Landon led me forward a few steps and tugged me down onto my knees. He placed his hand on my back and pushed me down until my head hits the floor. So, is this like, a bow?

   Thank goodness I was smart and put my hands in front of my head before it hit the ground, or else there would be a bruise. "Rise," the man's voice sounded through the room.

I straightened my body and stood up. I looked at the man on the "throne" seat and saw him also staring at me. It wasn't a nice "welcome to my house" stare either. It was more like "why are you in my house?" stare.

Um...I guess he doesn't particularly like me? Why? I'm a good person. I'm nice too. (Ahem, sometimes)

"Father, this is Tang Cha, my fiancée," Landon spoke finally and broke the heavy silence.

   "Hm," he narrowed his eyes at me.

   I think he's expecting me to do something?

   "Cha'er, introduce yourself..." Landon whispered.

   Oh...yeah...

   "Hello, um, Mr. General? I'm Tang Tea. Nice to meet you," I smiled politely.

   "Mister? What object is that?" the man narrowed his eyes even more. If he narrowed it one more time, it would be closed. With his eyes so narrow, I wonder if he can see ok.

   Since he didn't know what mister meant, could it be possible that they haven't invented that word yet? Ok, great. They must think I'm crazy, saying a nonexistent word.

   "Um, I meant, sir?" I hope they invented that word.

   "Cha'er, you don't call Father 'sir.' You address Father as 'Great General.'" Landon whispered to me.

   "Oh, um, Great General, hello," I smiled. "Um, I mean, greetings."

   At last, the Great General sighed. "Deng'er, are you sure this is the wife you want?"

   I looked down and silently blushed when he said "wife." Wow, I would've never guessed, ever, that I would be talking about marriage at the age of fourteen. Although, I have a hypothesis that this body I'm in may not be just fourteen.

   "Yes, Father, it is enough for this life to have this one person."

   I think I turned my neck too fast that I popped it. I think the expression on my face isn't proper for this situation right now. My eyes are bulging, and my mouth is hanging loosely open.

   Landon looked at me with eyes softer than cotton candy, but I guess he had wanted me to look at him sweetly too. So when he saw my bulging eyes and gaping mouth, his soft eyes quickly curved into a crescent moon shape.

   "Cha'er, I do mean what I say," Landon smiled gently.

   I smiled awkwardly and didn't dare to look at him any longer. I looked at the floor and blushed at the ground.

   The Great General sighed again and said, "If you are so persistent, it is my wrong if I don't agree."

   I secretly thought, "Yes."

"Deng'er, I have set the wedding date to be the fifteenth of next month. What do you think?"

"I think it's a good date too," Landon said.

"Then it has been decided."