Nightmare

"You think you can be a hero?" they chuckled, dark shadows with menacing expressions crowding around me. I was crouching between them, hands clamped over my ears, tears streaming down my face and creating little crystalline pools at my feet.

"You think that Quirk can be used for good?" they jeered, pressing ever closer, going in for the kill.

"Stop it..." I whispered, trying to block out the sounds of their laughter by humming my favourite song. They closed around me, blocking any chance of escape, bocking any chance of hope.

"You believe you can be useful?" they laughed, their shadowy hands pointing at me and laughing, laughing.

"Stop it!" I yelled, pressing my hands tighter against my head, "I can be useful! I can do good!"

And they laughed, and they jeered, and they chuckled. And they called me a Villain.

"Villain, Villain, Villain!" they taunted, still jabbing their fingers at me, still laughing. And through it all, I was crying, my heart twisting uncomfortably. Breaking. My heart was breaking.

Because these shadows were my family.

~

I jolt awake, sitting up in my bed, my hair a mess. Raising a hand to my face, I gently stroke my cheek and realise it was wet, I had been crying in real life too. Scambling backwards until my back was pressed to the wall, I curl my knees up to my chin and wrap my arms around my legs, crying into them. I cried and let the sadness wash over me, drowning everything in a torrent of dark emotions, lifeless emotions.

"I didn't mean to..."