My Kind Of Trouble

"Wake up, you little brat!"

I groggily open my eyes, squinting in the morning light, and find myself staring at the ugly face of the teenage nurse. My eyes narrow, but it was hard to tell since I was still squinting. My hair was a mess, hanging in my eyes and irritating me. I move to push it out of the way put feel a warm weight holding my hand down. Turning my head, I find Eijiro leaning on the bed from his chair, his hand tightly clamped around mine. Heat rises to my face as I remember last night, but I quickly turn my attention to the nurse. She was trying to wake up Eijiro as well, caressing his cheek and using much gentler words. Anger flares within me and I tell her to stop.

"And what are you gonna do if I don't?" she snarks, resting her hand on the flare of red that is Eijiro's hair. The anger is boiling now, threatening to erupt, but I try to keep it in check.

"I'll tell your boss that you're sexually harassing visitors and threatened to end my life," I reply as her eyes narrow.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Fucking try me."

With those words, she storms off in a huff, leaving the room. I sigh, letting out the anger that I had kept within me, then gently prodding Eijiro awake.

"Uh...?" he mumbles, waking up slowly and peacefully. I chuckle, thinking how cute he is when he's still sleepy, then banish the thought as my face erupts in heat.

"Guess they let you stay after all," I say, sitting up and testing my arm. It didn't hurt nearly as much as it had before and I was able to move it around a lot more than I could a few days ago. Eijiro grumbles a bit but soon wakes up fully, stretching his arms above his head and cracking his back. A few minutes later a doctor walks in, stumbling a bit when he sees Eijiro.

"Excuse me, sir? Visiting hours don't start until eight," he says, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Can he stay? He's my boyfriend," I ask politely, trying to ignore the red that was creeping across my face.

"Well... all right, but he'll have to wait behind the curtain," the doctor says and Eijiro stands up, patting me gently on the head before rounding the curtain. The bandage around my arm is peeled away and I flinch in pain, hissing through clenched teeth, as the wound is cleaned. A fresh bandage is wrapped around it and he helps me stand up, pulling back the curtain-

And we all freeze. There was the nurse from earlier, her arm wrapped around Eijiro's throat and pressing a gun to his temple.

"Nobody move!" she shouts, pressing her back to a wall and dragging Eijiro with her. I glance pleadingly at him, wondering if he could use his Quirk to protect himself, but his eyes say he already thought of that and it would be no use. An idea creeps into my mind, slowly, evilly. I feel a coldness wash over me as I wonder, briefly, if it would work. And I know, deep in my heart, that it would.

"What do you want?" I plead, distracting her.

"I want someone to notice me for once!" she screams, jabbing the gun harder into Eijiro's temple. I flinch, knowing how fast his heart must be beating because mine was racing, and I wasn't the one with a fucking gun pressed to my head. Working quickly, I activate my Quirk and coat my body with an illusion, also creating a replica of myself where I stood. The effort drains my stamina and my arm throbs painfully. Creeping towards the nurse as the doctor tries to reason with her, I feel my mind being pulled in two directions by the conscious effort of maintaining invisibility and a replica. I reach the two of them, moving around to where the gun was. Slowly standing up, conscious of every sound and movement, I reach up to swipe the gun from her hand.

"Every day! People walk past me, and nobody pays attention to me! Not any more! No one will be able to not notice me anymore!!" the girl screeches, her finger curling around the trigger.

"NO!!" I shout, directly in her ear, and snatch the gun away before she fires. She cries out in surprise, watching my illusions crumble away, as Eijiro ducks. I point the gun at the girl, making sure the safety is on.

"Doctor, call the police. Eijiro, you okay?" I ask, helping him to his feet. He was shaking.

"I-I think so. Thanks," he says, shaking his head. I smile shakily, wanting to throw my arms around him and kiss him right there and then, but knowing I needed to keep my eyes on the girl. He shuffles around behind me and I tell the girl to kneel, hands in the air. She does as I say, tears pouring from her eyes.

"You can't hurt me! I'm the victim here!" she cries, sobbing into her uniform. I feel a tic mark appear on my forehead and I'm close to pulling the trigger right there, but Eijiro places a hand on my shoulder, steadying me. I sigh, releasing the tension from my shoulders, and lean into him.

"(Y/N), lower the gun. When the police get here, they'll get the wrong idea."

He has a point. I lower the gun, watching closely as the girl sobs in relief. A few minutes later two policemen walk in, confiscating the gun and handcuffing the girl, who was screaming and fighting back every second.

"I'M INNOCENT!! THAT GIRL TRIED TO KILL ME!!!" she yells, jerking her head at me as they wrestle her through the door. Eijiro wrapped an arm around my shoulders protectively and I lean into him, reveling in his warmth. After the girl is bundled into the police car, one of the officers question Eijiro and I. The doctor has already been questioned, and released to go home for the day.

"She was jealous that most of the people from my class were coming to visit me so often. She called them "cute guys" and was bullying me for the entire time I was kept here," I explain, telling the officer about how she had threatened to put me down when I got sick of her shit. All the while, he was writing down notes and nodding. When he was finished, he thanked me for my time and entered the car. Through the opening, I could hear the girl hurling obscenities and every filthy insult she possibly could at the police officers. In all honesty, I felt bad for them.

"You kinda seem to attract trouble, don't you?" Eijiro said as they pulled away, draping his arm around my shoulders again.

"Well it attracted you, so I'm fine with it," I respond, sending a sly grin his way.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" he cries, feigning hurt. I laugh and we start walking. It was still early in the morning, so we decided to go down to the cinemas. We stopped at my apartment along the way to grab enough money for tickets, then set off down the road. All the while, I was entirely aware of him being so close.

'Seems like you're my kind of trouble,' I whisper in my head, glancing up at his smiling face.