Villainous Offers

"Ah, (Y/N)!" I turn at the sound of my name being called. A Hero in a space suit was approaching me, his hand raised in greeting.

"Hey, Thirteen," I greet shyly. I was a bit nervous, since nobody else had interned with him, so I didn't know anybody all that well here. He lead me over to his Hero agency so I could sign in, and we could get straight to training. A few hours pass as we go over the rules and regulations of Hero society, but I finally put on my Hero costume and we went on a patrol. We dealt with two attempted robberies during the first day, and I went to bed feeling exhausted.

On the second day, I woke up to Thirteen shaking me.

"Put on your Hero costume, it's an emergency!" he cries, fretting and shifting his weight every second. I quickly throw him out of my room and change into my costume, bolting out the door with him leading the way.

"We got a report of a Villain attacking a building, with people trapped inside," he explains on the way, turning down one street, then another. I follow closely, keeping myself calm. Unconsciously, my mind shifts to Eijiro. Even the thought of him was making my beating heart calm down.

'(Y/N) this isn't the time. Keep it for the bedroom- WAIT WHY AM I THINKING LIKE THIS?!' I yell in my head, shaking my head to clear my thoughts. Thirteen stops suddenly, making me stumble to a halt beside him. All around us, the air had increased in temperature so it burnt to even be standing here. Small pools of lava lay scattered around and the air in front of me wavered with the heat, distorting my vision. Through the haze, I could see a Villain standing in front of a bank carrying two bags filled to overflowing with money.

"They obviously gave him what he wanted.... Why did he attack them anyway?!" I ask through gritted teeth, my hands clenched into fists. The blades hidden in my gloves slid out, glinting in the light.

"(Y/N), calm down. I'll deal with the Villain, you go inside to see if there are any who can't move," Thirteen commands, and I forcibly relax. A news team was already here, their cameras trained on us.

"Alright. Stay safe," I say, then leap away before he can answer. I was worried, of course, and I wanted to fight too, but I had orders. A camera followed me as I ran around the Villain, who swung at me but was stopped by Thirteen. Darting inside, I slam what was left of the door as a ball of magma landed against it. Sighing heavily in relief, I jog around inside before I come across a room that had three people trapped under rubble. One of them had a baby.

"Are you hurt?" I ask as I help lift the concrete off them. The baby had a few scratches, but other than that it was fine.

"My arm might be broken, but yeah," one man says.

"I'm okay but for a few scrapes and a twisted ankle," the mother adds in, clutching the baby to her chest. I turn to the other woman, who hadn't said anything yet. My eyes widen as I see the amount of blood that had seeped out of her while I was busy helping the others.

"Do either of you have anything that can be used as a bandage?" I ask, and the man rips the bottom of his shirt into a long strip. Passing it to me, I thank him and kneel beside the lady, binding her wound tightly and hoping to hell it wasn't too late. She was breathing shallowly and I was having a panic attack, near crying from the stress.

"It's too dangerous to go downstairs for now, so we'll have to stay here until-"

I'm interrupted as the entire building shakes, knocking us all off balance. I manage to stay on my feet and catch the baby before it hits the ground as the mother falls.

"Are you okay?" I ask, helping them up and giving the baby back.

"Yeah. What was that?"

Truth be told, I had no idea. A wall had crumbled during the tremor and I looked out, seeing that there was a giant hole where the hallway used to be.