Stolen

(Sorry for cutting the last chapter short, it was too uncomfortable for me to write. I might do a better one later in the story, though. Also video above is for smiles.)

When I wake up, the very first thing I see is Eijiro with his eyes open, staring at my face. I fall backwards in surprise, off the side of my bed.

"AHH WHAT THE F-" I cry, then hit my head on the table beside me. Eijiro laughs, then grabs his uniform and leaves the room, refusing to make eye contact with me the whole time.

'Pfft he's still embarrassed,' I giggle, then feel my face heating up as I inevitably remember last night. Pressing my palms against my face, I allow myself a few seconds to calm down before dressing myself. When I walk out of the room, Eijiro quickly says goodbye to me and walks out the door. I chuckle to myself, then make some food. After I finally leave the house, I'm surprised to see Eijiro leaning against the wall, waiting for me.

"I was going to go alone, but halfway down the road I couldn't keep going. Don't say anything," he says gruffly, turning his face away from me and pouting. I laugh and link my arm through his, leading him down to the door. The receptionist wiggles her eyebrows at me as we pass her and my face turns red, causing her to laugh.

"So sweet of you to come back for me," I tease as we walk out the door.

"It doesn't feel right to walk to school without you, that's all..." he pouts, removing his arm from mine and crossing them. I smile, sighing happily.

"Thanks," I say, not really knowing why I was thanking him. Maybe just for being who he is. He doesn't say anything, just uncrosses his arms and takes my hand in his. I lace my fingers between his and we walk the rest of the way in silence. Awkward, awkward silence.

"Good morning class. As you may or may not know, the final exams are coming up soon. Make sure you study and train hard, otherwise it's possible you will fail," Aizawa drawls, his eyes half lidded as he stares out at us. I swallow nervously, glancing around the class to see the others' reactions. They were all stony-faced, but I could see a few of them sweating.

Eijiro and I got past our shyness about half way through the day and returned to normal. Sero and Denki kept wiggling their eyebrows at me like they knew, and it was starting to make me uncomfortable. The rest of the day was just our normal classes, so nothing interesting happened. Eijiro was called home, though, so I was walking back to my apartment alone. I'll admit, I was jittery and nervous and it felt so wrong to be alone.

Looking back, it would've been so much easier if I had just asked one of my friends. I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now, and I wouldn't be in the one place I never wanted to go back to. I would've been at home, probably in my bed, or playing with Joy, or on my computer... anything but this.

I had started walking home alone after waiting nervously at the gate, just in case I had misheard and Eijiro was still in school. After it became obvious he wasn't coming, I slowly walked down the street, my eyes darting to every corner and shadow. Since I was paying such close attention to the side streets, I didn't notice the two men coming up behind me until a rag was pressed to my face and I fell unconscious.

And, just like that, a Hero in training had been stolen away.