Sick

Waking up, I felt as though I had only closed my eyes a few seconds ago. When I sit up, however, a stabbing pain ricocheted around the inside of my head, an immense hammering starting up and forcing me to cry out in pain and surprise. The pain scattered my thoughts, but one word rose to the surface.

'Headache.'

Dimly, I registered the word and tried to think of why I had one. The hammering continued, making me feel weak and lightheaded.

Knock knock.

I twitch at the sound, my limbs feeling like jelly, knowing I couldn't answer. Now that I was awake, I felt like I was on fire. My head throbbed and I felt the veins in my temple pumping blood around, my heartbeat was going crazy, and I was in tears.

Knock knock knock.

'Crap, he's not gonna leave until I answer,' I think, forcing myself to move. I almost fall to the floor, my stomach doing flips, but somehow catch myself on the side table. After a bit of heaving, I shuffle to the door and open it a bit. Eijiro was standing there, smiling with his hands in his pockets like usual, but when he saw me his face fell.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?"

I shake my head, allowing him inside and quickly returning to my bed before I faint. He follows me cautiously, nervously, not knowing what was going on.

"I'm really sick. I can't go to school today, cover for me," I say with my eyes closed, the covers pulled up to my chin. Eijiro stands around awkwardly, not knowing what to do, then walking out of the room. I sigh, nestling into my pillow and trying not to focus on the pain. A whispering voice reaches my ears but I ignore it, focusing on not throwing up.

"Yes, she's sick... I'll be taking care of her... Thankyou for understanding," the voice continues, and my eyes open a crack, just enough to let in a sliver of light. The door to my room swings open and Eijiro shuffles in again, carrying a chair.

"Eijiro?" I whisper, my throat feeling like sandpaper as he sits next to my head, holding a glass of water and some pills.

"Here, have these. They'll make you feel better," he says softly, helping me eat them. Afterwards, I collapse backwards, unable to keep my eyes open.

"Go to school, I'll be fine," I say without conviction, knowing somewhere in my distracted mind that he wouldn't listen.

"I'm not leaving you like this. Just sleep, you'll be fine," he replies, running his fingers through my hair. My throat closes up with emotion and I clear it with some difficulty, squirming until I'm comfortable, and quickly falling asleep.

~ Time Skip (Midday) ~

Waking up, I felt much better. The headache had almost disappeared, leaving only a dull throbbing, and I wasn't on fire anymore. Looking around, my eyelids heavy, I realise Eijiro wasn't in the room. Just as I was about to sigh, the door opens again and he walks in, carrying a bowl of something. Seeing my eyes open, he smiles at me and sits in the chair beside my head, picking up a spoon and helping me eat.

"Feeling better?" he asks once I had finished. It was some kind of soup, but it was more delicious than anything I had ever tasted before.

"Yeah, thanks," I reply, sinking back beneath the covers. He puts the bowl back and quickly returns, sitting beside me and placing his hand against my forehead. It was a bit cold, but I knew that was just because I was so hot. After a few seconds he takes it away, leaving the room again and returning with a damp cloth. Laying it over my forehead, I quickly fall asleep again.

~ Eijiro's P.O.V ~

'Crap she's so adorable when she sleeps why is she so cute help AAAAAAAAAAAA.'