Hurt

Summer had begun. We were all relieved to get a bit of a break, though we knew we still had to train and study for the training camp. Eijiro and I were currently taking a day off and spending time together.

"OI, ASSHATS!!"

We turn at the sound of the shout, expecting Bakugou, but instead find a group of six people bearing down on us. Five males, one female. An annoyed scowl takes place on my face and Eijiro subconsciously moves forward so I'm behind him.

"The hell do you want?" I sneer, feeling as though I've seen these people before.

"Oh, since you're such a celebrity now, you've forgotten about us?" the girl says snarkily, glaring at me. In my head, it suddenly clicks.

"You're those people that attacked me when I was first in UA, aren't you?" I ask in surprise, eyes wide. Eijiro takes note of my reaction and shifts closer so that his arm is brushing mine.

"What, got a bodyguard now?" a boy laughs, poking his tongue out at Eijiro like a child. Without warning, two of the boys swarm forwards, one being blocked by Eijiro while the other reaches for my face.

He snatches at my eyepatch, ripping it from my face. Eijiro jumps in front of me even more, trying to take the bandage back. Another boy swung a punch at him and Eijiro didn't have time to activate his Quirk, falling to the ground from the force of it. My blood runs cold and, just for a second, my left eye twitches. Then my eyes narrow and I leap forwards, putting myself between the group and Eijiro.

"NOBODY FUCKIN' HURTS KIRISHIMA!!!" I roar, standing over his body protectively, my fists clenched and raised and my legs spread apart. The boys surrounding us back away a bit, frightened and for good reason. One of them gains confidence and swings at me put I grab his arm, pivoting on my feet so I press my back to his front and use my weight to throw him over my shoulder, slamming him into the ground like Izuku did to Bakugou.

When two more of them come at me, I bring my palms up to their faces and create a blinding flash, causing them to cry out in surprise and shut their eyes. In their blindness, I roundhouse kick one of them in the side of his head and land a solid uppercut on the jaw of the other. The last three turn tail and run.

I turn and kneel beside Eijiro as he starts to stand up. The whole fight had taken about seven seconds, but it felt much longer.

"Stay down, you might be hurt," I say, making him sit up and stay still while I check his face. A small bruise was forming but other than that, he was fine.

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" he asks as we stand up. I grin.

"I learnt it from our classmates. It's amazing, really, what you can learn when you pay attention."

Eijiro chuckles and punches me playfully in the shoulder. I pick up my bandage from the floor where it was dropped but hesitate before I tie it back around my head.

'Do I really need it now?' I wonder, playing with the fabric. Eijiro looks at me curiously.

"Are you okay?" he asks, glancing at the bandage in my hands. I smile, tossing it back to the ground. And I open my left eye.

"I'm fine. Let's go," I say cheerily, taking his hand and leading him away before he can say another word.