Summer Camp 2/2

When I woke up again, nobody else was awake. After looking around for a while and finding a path through all the sleeping bags so I won't step on anyone, I walk outside and enjoy the early dawn air. There was a bit of fog hanging around and dew coated the grass, making it sparkle. The top of the sun was only just visible over the horizon and I remember we had to report to the fields at six, so I go back inside and grab my clothes. Some of the others were awake as well, stretching and yawning as they get their stuff together. I hear the sound of a few bumps and shouting from the room next door, where the boys were staying.

"No, you're not allowed in there!" I hear Iida yell, most likely chopping his arm in the air. I tilt my head in confusion and walk outside, leaving the commotion behind and sitting on the ground as I wait for Aizawa to appear.

"When we're at home, I have to drag you out of bed for you to wake up. Out here, you're up before the sun?" I hear Eijiro say jokingly, sitting beside me.

"You're one to talk. I heard you snoring." I shoot back, giving him a playful glare. He chuckles and leans towards me, his shoulder brushing my own. We sit in companionable silence for a few minutes while our classmates wake up and join us, then turn our attention to Aizawa as he goes over what we'll be doing.

"We haven't been focusing on developing your Quirks enough. This is why we're out here for this week, to undergo special training for each of your Quirks," He says, gesturing towards the field, "Bakugou, will you come up here?"

Katsuki rises and walks over to him, then picks up the softball that we threw as part of our tests on the first day.

"Your last score was 703.2 metres. See if you can beat it now." Aizawa says, taking out his tracker.

"I'll bet he can get over a kilometre now!" Denki says excitedly. I glance at him, then at Katsuki, not so sure about that. Sure, he had definitely improved and gotten stronger, but his Quirk? That was another matter. Regardless of my thoughts, I cheered for him as he pitched the ball with as much explosive power as he could create.

"Go to hell!!" he screams, and I watch, smiling slightly, as the ball soars away. A sudden feeling of nostalgia appears and disappears just as quickly. Aizawa holds up his phone, and I'm a bit surprised to see only 706.4 metres.

"As I've said, your minds and bodies have developed, but your Quirks are still untrained." He says tiredly, putting his phone away and then leading us to our training area.

~

Our first few days were rigorous. They consisted of training, training and more training. My own consisted of creating illusions so precisely and detailed that I felt my mind was splitting every time. I had learned to sustain up to three illusions at once, but not nearly as long or intricate as one. If I was only holding one illusion, you had to be absolutely certain it was fake or else you would be fooled. I learned not to only make myself invisible, but also other people. Sometimes, if he felt like it, Aizawa would make me trick the others as they trained.

"(Y/N) I SWEAR TO GOD!" Katsuki called for about the fifth time as I made him think he had seen a bear in the forest. I snickered, then was swiftly silenced by Aizawa as he forced me to do the next illusion. This continued for the whole time I was training and I felt extremely worn out by the end of each day, only to go into the building we were staying in and do the remedial classes.

~

"As a special treat due to all your hard work, we'll be having a test of courage tonight!" Ragdoll announced excitedly. I smiled. She had grown on me the most, being so bright and cheerful. My classmates cheered, happy to have a break for once. I raised a tired fist in response, but I wasn't sure I would even be able to stay awake. My other remedial class friends cheered as well, but suddenly Aizawa wrapped his scarf around all of us, dragging us off towards the building.