USJ 1/2

I wake up to the sound of rapid knocking on my door. Groaning as I sit up, I shuffle to the door and open it for Kirishima. It had become a routine of sorts over the weeks we had been going to U.A high together. He would come to my door every morning and knock on it until I woke up.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," he says, patting my head.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," I mutter, moving out of the way for him to come inside. This was also part of the routine, where I let him inside and he plays on his phone while waiting for me. We had become pretty close, spending our lunch breaks together and most classes as well. He sat on my couch, pulling out his phone, as I entered my bedroom and closed the door behind me. Dressing in my uniform quickly I step into the kitchen and make some breakfast. Setting down next to him, he waits in silence for me to finish. When I do, I place the plate in the kitchen sink and grab my bag.

"Ready to go?" he asks, looking up from his phone. I nod and he puts it in his pocket, opening the door for me and sweeping his arm out in front of him.

"Ladies first," he smirks and I do my best regal walk as I pass him. I fail horribly and we laugh about it as we descend the stairs, walking out the front door. On the way to school, we passed a few strangers on the street, but there were these two girls who wouldn't let us pass.

"Are you two dating?" they ask, blocking our path. My face reddens and Kirishima turns away, covering his eyes with his hand. His face seemed to be turning red as well.

"I don't think that's any of your business," I state, moving to walk around them. They block my path.

"You totally should! You're so cute together!" they say, leaning towards me. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"Let us pass, please. We need to get to school," I ask as politely as I can.

"Aww, come on! Admit it, you like hi-"

She gets cut off as I step forwards threateningly. These people were getting on my nerves so damn quickly. I was also using the movement to make sure Kirishima didn't see the red creeping over my face.

"Let us pass," I command, and they scamper away. Kirishima uncovers his eyes and walks up next to me, hands in his pockets and leaning forwards to check my expression.

"I hate people like that. It's none of their business," I spit, stomping away. Kirishima catches up, walking along in silence and letting me fume. We reach the school gate and I relax a bit, taking comfort in the familiar surroundings. We walk up to class and sit down together, talking with eachother like nothing happened on the street until Aizawa rolled in. He had warmed up to me a bit, no longer glaring at me whenever I made eye contact.

"Good morning class. Today we're doing something different," he says, clicking a button on a remote and watching as metal boxes slide out of the wall. I almost fall off my seat in shock until I feel Kirishima give it a shove to help me regain my balance. I thank him and turn to stare at Aizawa, confused.

"These are your hero costumes. Grab them from the box corresponding with your seat number and get changed, then meet me out front," he says, then zips up his sleeping bag and rolls away. I stand up, not even questioning anything anymore, and grab my costume. It was in a little suitcase of sorts and it smelled weird. Kirishima grabs his and we trudge together down to the changing rooms, along with Kaminari. We had become friends a while ago, when I first joined U.A, but not as close as I was to Kirishima. I call him Pikachu as a joke, due to his Quirk being electricity. He was currently talking with Kirishima about what his favourite food was. I chuckle, wondering how I had ended up with such weird people as friends.

What makes you think you even have a chance of being a Hero?

We reach the changing rooms, going our separate ways, and I throw on my costume. It was simple, more for visual effects than practical as my Quirk was very freely usable. It was a bit embarrassing, but I brought this on myself. It was a fur costume, trousers made of soft animal pelt and a strip of it covering my chest. It came with an animal ear headband the same colour as my hair that also had a visor attached. The boots were designed like paws, reaching halfway up my calves. The gloves were also shaped like paws, but when I clenched my hands into fists, hidden blades slid out of them. A tail was attached to the back of my trousers and I was able to move it around with certain movements in my legs. With a bit of practice, I could pick up small objects. Walking outside, I notice Kirishima in his hero costume.