Sports Festival 2/2

As a result of my injuries, I wasn't allowed to participate any more. Eijiro told me after the second contest that he had been on Bakugou's team and they took second place. I congratulated him and we talked for a while longer before he was called up for his first match. Listening to the sounds echoing from the arena, I passed the time by making tiny illusions, just enough to give me something to do. After a while, Recovery Girl noticed and scolded me for wasting my energy. A few minutes later Eijiro and Tetsu were wheeled in, both unconscious.

"What happened?" I ask Denki. He was walking along with the robots for some reason, maybe to make sure they got here okay.

"They fought eachother. They were so evenly matched and used the same attacks, they both wiped eachother out," he says, taking a seat beside my bed, "My match is next. Supposed to be against a girl with vines for hair. How are you doing?"

"I'm feeling better. Not in agony every time I move it anymore," I reply, smiling at him. He gently smiles back, then reaches over and ruffles my hair.

"I'll see you soon, okay? We can celebrate my victory together!" he says enthusiastically, then walks out of the room before I can respond. Smiling to myself, I watch as Recovery Girl lifts the boys into the beds on either side of me.

"What happens when two people tie?" I ask her when she's done.

"Usually they hold a simple competition, like arm wrestling. Honestly, I can't believe these boys," she says, clicking her tongue as she wraps them in bandages. I chuckle, sinking further into the bed. Closing my eyes, I quickly fall into a restless sleep.

~ Time Skip (Half an hour) ~

"Shut up, you'll wake her up!"

"That's the point, idiot!"

"She needs rest, dumbass!"

"Well I'm bored! I want someone to talk to who isn't a complete asshole!"

Groggily opening my eyes, I wince at the bright lights above me.

"(Y/N)?" a voice on my left asks, and I feel someone place their hand on the bed next to me.

"What?" I ask, shielding my eyes from the fluorescent light. In the corners of my vision I can see Tetsu and Eijiro leaning over me.

"See? You woke her up!" Eijiro cries, hitting the back of Tetsu's head.

"Ow! Dude, that hurt!" he says, rubbing the back of his head.

"Good!" Eijiro replies.

"Shut up..." I moan, trying to roll over and sleep again, but my arm starts flaring up in pain. Now moaning in pain, Recovery Girl walks over, shooing the boys away.

"Let her rest. If you're well enough to be arguing, go do your tie breaker," she says, using a stool to look at me properly. The boys hang their heads and leave the room, muttering to themselves.

"Tell me who wins!" I call after them. Eijiro raises a hand and waves at me without bothering to turn around. They walk out of sight and I sigh.

"You three seem really close. Are they friends of yours?" Recovery Girl asks, stepping off the stool and turning away.

"We only met Tetsu - the steel guy - today, but me and Eijiro are... dating," I say quietly, still very self conscious and nervous about the word. Recovery Girl smiles.

"You look like a good match. Anyway, you can go watch the tournament again. Do you know the way up?" she asks, and once my blushing face had calmed down enough I nodded.

"I think so. Down the corridor, up the stairs, and keep going until I reach a door that says 1-A, right?"

"Yes, very good. Off you go," she says, waving me out the door. My arm was in a cast, held in a sling. Starting off down the corridor, I find my way to the section my class was given. Opening the door, no one notices me at first. As I was about to sit away from them, at the back where I could still see the arena, Denki looks behind him and waves me over. I walk down to him, my heart fluttering nervously. There was a free seat next to him, but Bakugou was sitting on the other side. Swallowing my nerves, I take the seat and watch the match. It was currently Tetsu and Eijiro arm wrestling. They seemed to be at a standstill, but just as the match was about to end a large crack appeared in Tetsu's fist, forcing his hand down.