Illusions

The next five days passed quickly, and I realised how close the sports festival was approaching. There was two days left, and I needed to train some more. Deciding I needed more time to practise my Quirk instead of my physical abilities, as those were already as good as I was gonna get so far, I start small. Creating a small illusion, no problem. Within seconds, there was a mouse scurrying around on the table. Controlling its movements with my mind, I create another. Now, it was becoming difficult. If I stopped focusing on them, one of them would disappear. I kept them still to begin with, then started with small movements. They crept around, barely moving at all, but I still felt strained. When I started losing control, they wavered in the air, like some far off mirage. Eventually, they both crumbled into the air. I let out a low breath, trying to control my heartbeat. The drawback of my Quirk was that it increased my blood pressure, and if I used it for too long I would eventually die. Sometimes I wished I had a less dangerous Quirk, as while mine was useful in certain situations I couldn't do much with it in a large fight.

I started again, this time with cats. I kept going for the entire day, slowly upgrading the challenge until I collapsed backwards, panting on my floor. I had gotten to tigers before reaching my limit. It was better than last time, that was for sure. Once the drawback had stopped, I decided to try out something different. Something I hadn't even thought of before. Closing the windows and curtains around the house and shutting off the lights, the apartment was plunged into darkness. Since it was the middle of the day, I could still see, but it was darker than before.

Focusing on my hands, a soft glow bloomed from them. A small, bird-like creature unfurled its wings and leapt to the air, circling above my head. I chuckled, creating more of them and allowing my mind to relax, letting them do as they wished. That was another thing, if I fully intended it then the illusions would seem to have a mind of their own. It was confusing to my mind, so I never tried to figure it out, but they were much harder to control like this. This time, though, that was my intention. Sweeping my hands through the air, bright colours sprang from my palms and splashed around the room, illuminating it in a beautiful glow. I laughed, watching the bright birds flit through the air, nearly losing myself in my own illusion.

Knock knock knock.

Everything around my shattered, my focus broken, and my smile fell from my face. Then I realised what had happened.

'Damn... I almost lost myself...' I think, standing up. It wasn't unknown for people with the illusion Quirk to make something amazing, just for them to see, then become detached from reality forever. Some of them went insane, others were constantly surrounded by wonderful visions. I scold myself harshly, opening the door without bothering to see who it was, and wrapping my arms around them.

"(Y-Y/N)?!"

Stepping backwards, I realise it was Midoriya. His face was flushed red and he was extremely confused.

"Sorry, just having a moment. Did you need something?"

He takes a few seconds to calm down, burying his face in his hands. When he's finally okay, he asks if I have any plans for tomorrow. It was Saturday today, and I hadn't really thought ahead, so I shake my head.

"Do you want to come train? With me? If you want to?" he asks quickly, averting his gaze and trying to hide his face again. I laugh, placing a hand on his head and making him jump in surprise.

"Sure! I could use it," I say, and his face breaks into a smile.

'GOD THIS CHILD NEEDS PROTECTING!!' I scream in my head, trying to hide my reaction to his face. He tells me the time and place and happily walks away, almost skipping.

'OH GOD HE'S SO PURE!!'

Closing the door and leaning against it, I scream into my hands. Once I had calmed down, I fall onto my couch, small wisps of illusion falling around me like ribbons. Cancelling my Quirk, I decide to sleep the rest of the day away. Too lazy to move from my couch to my room, I shut my eyes and fall asleep. My last thought was of Eijiro, and what he was doing.