Friends

I get scared out of my reverie as a loud knock echoes from the door. Sitting up straight, I wipe my eyes on my sleeve and make my way to the door, peering through the small glass hole that could be used by people on the inside to see who was knocking. I'm greeted by Kirishima's face, who was smiling slightly as he waits. I groggily open the door, rubbing my eyes and feigning sleepiness, not wanting him to be worried about me.

"Morning," I mutter, "Why are you here and how did you know which door was mine?"

"I asked at the front desk. Wanted to make sure you were up in time for school," he says, grinning at me. I glare at him, more tired than anything else, and move to close the door on him but he sticks his foot in the way.

"Whaaaaatt?" I moan, opening it again. I wanted to go back to sleep, get rid of these sad feelings through rest.

"Come on, (Y/N). I know Aizawa is scary but you don't have to ditch school," he says, holding his palms out in a picture of innocence. Or begging. I couldn't tell.

"Fine. Just let me get dressed first," I mutter closing the door before he can respond. Stretching my arms above my head, I trudge to my room and grab my uniform, throwing it on and grabbing my shoes. I sit on the floor next to the door, tying them up, then stand and grab my bag. Only then do I remember breakfast exists. I make my way to the kitchen, grabbing a container of leftover pasta from last night and a plastic fork. I walk outside with the container already open, shovelling food into my mouth. Kirishima was waiting opposite the door, leaning against the railing with his hands in his pockets. When he saw me he tried to hold back a giggle. I assumed I looked like shit, my hair a birds nest and with a container of pasta in one hand and a fork in another.

"I was hungry. Let's get going," I say, still blinking sleep from my eyes. He chuckles and falls into step beside me as I twirl the fork in the pasta, then stick it in my mouth. I finish a few minutes after leaving the building, twisting my body and bag around so I can put the empty container and fork in a side pocket. I almost trip over a rock as a sudden thought smacks me in the face.

"Are we friends?" I ask, considering the notion. Kiri looks at me strangely, like I was crazy.

"Of course we are. What else could we be?" he asks, leaning forwards a bit.

"I've never had a friend before. Everyone runs away from me once they find out what my Quirk is. I was just thinking of how we must look, you being completely fine and me looking like a train wreck, and how we're both completely fine with this," I reply nonchalantly, even as Kiri stops moving.

"You've never had a friend before? Why?" he asks, jogging to catch up to me. My heart skips a beat as I think of my past again, trying to overwhelm me. I shake my head.

"I... I can't tell you. Not yet. Not because I don't trust you, but because I'm not ready," I say, speeding up a bit. Kiri looks at me strangely again but stays silent. We walk in that silence all the way to class. I smooth my hair down as best I can before opening the door, but I have a sinking feeling I still look like someone got a leaf blower and aimed it directly at my face, then set it to maximum power. Sitting on my chair, Aizawa rolls in a few seconds later. I flinch when his gaze falls on me, but we don't say anything. In fact, he all but ignores me.

"Good morning class. We have a new teacher joining us today-" He says, then gets interrupted as a muscle man struts into view. I recognise him immediately as All Might, the number one hero, and my eyes widen in surprise. Why was he-

'Did Aizawa say new teacher?' I think to myself, tilting my head as All Might poses and flexes in front of us. Glancing around the class, I realise most students were in awe of All Might. Even Bakugou didn't have such a harsh scowl for once. Midoriya, a few seats away from me, was in full-on worship mode. I chuckled as I imagined the little stars in his eyes as he stared at All Might, his jaw hanging open slightly. All Might's gaze falls on me and I freeze, unable to move, but his eyes slide over me.

"Come, children! We have places to go!" he cries, then exits the room. Aizawa presses his hand to his forehead, waving us off and telling us to "just go to the field". Turns out All Might wanted to test us as well. We finished early and I walked home alone, not being bothered by anyone this time around. Thankfully.