Finally Home

(Just before you start reading, I'll be back in school soon and updates will be slower. Also my internet decided to be a bitch and abandon me for a few days, so I'm sorry this chapter took a while.)

The next few days passed uneventfully. With Recovery Girl's treatment and Eijiro's support, I healed quickly and was back in class before the week ended. It was Friday, though, so there wasn't much point in coming in.

On the subject of my scar, I hadn't once opened my left eye, even when Recovery Girl said I could. I didn't want to yet, not until I moved on. I had fashioned a makeshift eyepatch for now, and wore it every second of the day. Sometimes even at night. In my mirror, the scar seemed to be huge, even though I knew it was just my mind making it seem worse than it is.

Knock knock.

A smile lighting up my face, I placed the eyepatch back over my closed eye and almost ran to the door, throwing it open and my arms around Eijiro's shoulders. He smiled, hugging me back and kissing my forehead.

"Good morning to you too. Ready for school?"

"YES."

I had missed my class. A lot. Even Mineta. He had visited my apartment two times to see how I was doing, and he seemed so sad and defeated that I got hurt. In fact, all of my classmates had visited me. Even Bakugou. And every time one of them knocked on my door, I remembered why I chose them over my family.

Eijiro took my hand, twining his fingers between mine, and we walked side by side out to the street. He took my injury the hardest, not leaving my side for a second but for yesterday when I told him to go get some rest. He had been looking after me for almost a week and had barely gotten any sleep, but this morning he looked a lot better.

When we walked into class, I was immediately swarmed by the class.

"(Y/N)!"

"Welcome back!"

"We missed you so much!"

"Are you okay now?"

I felt like I was drowning under the sudden barrage of questions. I glanced pleadingly at Eijiro but he just smirked and sat down at his desk.

'TRAITOR!!' I shout in my head, trying to answer any questions they had, until Uraraka asked if they could see my eye.

"No, I'd rather not show it yet," I say, trying to get to my seat. She blocked my way and Eijiro's eyes narrow, focusing on her.

"Come on! Pleeeeaaase?" she pleads, reaching for my eyepatch. Eijiro and I move at the same time, him grabbing her arm and me backing away.

"Not yet. She needs time," he said gently, releasing her and taking my hand to guide me through the mob to my desk. Uraraka sighs in disappointment but returns to her seat without any argument. As we all settle down, Aizawa walks into class for once.

"Good morning class. Welcome back, (Y/N)," he says, nodding at me. I smile at him, preparing for the day.

~ Time Skip (Lunch) ~

During lunch, we were playing truth or dare out of sheer boredom. As it came to my turn, I dared Eijiro to sing the crush song to Bakugou. Surprisingly, he knew exactly what I was talking about.

I started hitting my tray on the table to the beat, and the rest of the Bakusquad joined in. Then the rest of the class. Then the entire. Fucking. Room. Yaoyorozu created a guitar and played that part by herself. So here we were, the ENTIRE COLLECTION OF FIRST YEAR CLASSES, providing the beat for this stupid ass song. I was sobbing with laughter by the end of it, tears rolling down my face and holding my stomach in pain. There was a lot of cheering and shouting going on around me and I knew that we had somehow bridged the gap between the classes with that fifty second song.

It felt amazing.

'Well, I guess I'm finally home.'