A Threat

Opening the door to Class 1-A with Eijiro at my side, I was immediately rushed with questions and hugs from my classmates. Someone hit my injured arm by accident and I cried out, more from shock than pain, but it was enough for the crowd to draw back.

"Are you alright?"

"What was the Villain like?"

"Was Kirishima really held at gunpoint?"

My head swam from the bombardment, making me sway on my feet. Eijiro quickly steadied me, guiding to my seat. Thanking him, I sink into it, watching in tired silence as he deflects the questions. Midoriya came up beside me and asked how I was doing.

"Better than I was a week ago. I'll be fine," I reply, smiling at him. He was always concerned about something or someone, and I liked that about him. He smiles back and moves to his desk, taking his seat as Aizawa enters the room.

"Ah, (Y/N), welcome back," he says, nodding at me. I nod back, purposefully keeping my gaze on the podium and not his face. He continues with his morning routine and I tune out, everything around me turning to white noise. A few minutes later, Eijiro pokes my shoulder, jerking me back to reality. I blink a few times, trying to adjust to my surroundings again, and glance at him. He was pointing to the front, at Aizawa.

"In a week from now, the sports festival will take place-"

"Sir, is it wise to hold it so close to the attack on USJ? Not to mention (Y/N)!" Iida exclaims, waving his arms around. My face colours and I quickly shift my gaze down to the wood of the desk as a few of my classmates turn to look at me. I shuffle my feet along the floor a bit before Aizawa continues.

"Security has been tripled. We don't need to worry about Villains there. And (Y/N) will recover in time," he says, glancing at me, "Now, if there are no more interruptions..."

Homeroom flew by and we quickly dispersed to our classes. On the way to English, Eijiro held my hand. We were both not looking at eachother, still very embarrassed and self conscious. The day passed with us being us, pretending we were still only friends as we weren't ready to tell everyone yet. On the way home, he barely glanced at me, walking stiffly with his head turned away. When he dropped me at my door, he moved to turn away, but I wrapped my arms around him, burying my head in his chest. He felt stiff, but after a second he relaxed and hugged me back, burying his head in my hair.

Click.

I leapt backwards, pressing my back to the door, and swiveled my head to face the reporters. They were whispering among themselves, pointing at us, confused expressions on their faces.

"Piss. The fuck. Off," I growl, stepping forwards and raising a fist. They stood there, dumbfounded as I advanced upon them, finally snapping. They had already pushed me, but now they were taking pictures without permission?  I was done. I wanted to drive these people away forever. Feeling my Quirk stirring within me, I prepared to make their lives a nightmare, if only for a few seconds. I wanted them to know I was a threat, and not to come here again. I almost went through with it, too, until I felt a warm hand settle on my shoulder.

"(Y/N), it's okay, calm down..." Eijiro whispered, wrapping his arms around me and burying his face in my hair. I relaxed slowly, lowering my hands and leaning against him, savoring his warmth. A few uncertain glances bounced around in the crowd in front of us, trying to make sense of what just happened. As the last wisps of adrenaline and fury leave my body, I sag in defeat and let Eijiro pull me to the door, kissing my forehead goodbye and walking away with his hands in his pockets. Totally ignoring the group still loitering around, I unlock the door and walk inside, sighing heavily and closing my eyes for a few seconds.

"Shit... I was gonna do it..." I murmur, sitting against the door and holding my head in my hands. Memories of my childhood, using my Quirk in anger against people I wanted to make proud of me, flew into my mind. Quiet sobs echoed through the empty house and I only realised they were mine after I stopped, stroking my wet cheeks. Standing up, I notice how quiet it was outside. Peering through the little glass window, I see that they had left. Good. I didn't want to hear anyone outside right now. Shuffling to the kitchen, I make a few slices of toast and call it dinner. Afterwards I have a shower, feeling empty, and fall into bed, asleep before my head hits the pillow.