Beach Day

(The plan for this chapter was created by TheFicQueen, and she is a much better writer than me. Go read her books. Seriously.)

Two days before we went to our internships, Aizawa decided we should have a day off as a class. We held an anonymous vote to decide where to go and the beach won, so here we were. Eijiro, Hagakure and Ashido were the most excited, literally ripping off their swimsuit cover-ups and diving into the water, simultaneously screaming "THE OCEAN!!" as the rest of us took our time. Jiro, Bakugou and Tokoyami were lagging behind us, obviously not the ones who voted beach. Bakugou in particular looks saltier than the ocean, but it may just be his face.

I laughed, setting up an umbrella for shade and lying on the sand when it wasn't burning hot anymore. Without warning, cold water splashed over my body.

"HEY!!" I shout, my eyes flying open to be greeted by a grinning Eijiro, holding one of those plastic buckets that kids use to build sand castles. I leap to my feet, running at him, bent on vengeance. He dives into the water again, splashing me a second time, and I remove my swimsuit cover-up and tackling him. We roll over eachother a few times before having to surface for air.

"Everyone, please gather around!" Iida yells, drawing our attention. He was holding a little booklet, waving his free arm in the air. We reluctantly leave the water and form a circle around him. Out of the water, in the wind, I was getting cold.

"I will now read pages two to five of my beach safety packet," he exclaims, and I laugh along with Uraraka.

"Pffttt, he's taking this so seriously!" she giggles, covering her mouth with her hands and trying to contain her laughter. We both fail and start laughing loudly. After Iida is done, we run back to the water. Eijiro beats me in, splashing me once more, and I shove him under the water for a few seconds. Todoroki joins us, but he has arm floaties on. Even when he gets out for a while he still has them on whenever he's within ten feet of the water.

"Um... T-Todoroki? You don't need to wear those over here..." I overhear Midoriya say to him before being shoved under by Denki. When I surface, I catch the last part of Todoroki's response.

"...Safety first, Midoriya."

Chuckling to myself, I feel someone's head slip between my legs and hoist me onto their shoulders. Looking down, I see a familiar mess of bright red hair. Looking around, I notice that Sero and Denki have formed a team as well. Eijiro charges at them and I lock hands with Denki, trying to shove him off Sero's shoulders.

"VICTORY!!" he cries as I topple backwards, landing in the water behind Eijiro. After I remember which way is up, I surface, then feel someone copping a feel behind me. Twisting around and elbowing Mineta directly in the face, he sinks to the bottom. I take a second to glare at him and watch him almost drown before yanking him to the surface and chucking him ashore. During the intense duel with Denki, I had gotten sea water both in my mouth and up my nose. My nose and throat were burning, so I excused myself to get some fresh water.

On my way up the beach, I saw that four people were tanning - Denki, Yaoyorozu, Hagakure and Aoyama.

"...Should put on some sunscreen, Kaminari," Yaoyorozu was saying. She had become the mom of the class, and I loved her for it.

"Nah, I wanna get tan ASAP. Chicks looooove a tan hunk," he drawls, drawing out the word love. I roll my eyes as I pass them, unscrewing my water bottle and tipping it up. When I'm done, I walk back down to the water and pass Koda on the way. He was whispering to some crabs and I walked slower for a few seconds to see what he was doing. It seemed like he was building a sand castle. It was then that I noticed a colourful gem on the ground. It was almost perfect.