The next morning

Regina and Emma talked all night last night. They stayed up until midnight when Regina finally decided it was time to go to bed since she had work the next day. They talked about Regina being the mayor a the small town. About Emma as a waitress in a diner that always reminded her of granny's in storybrooke. That's where Emma's parents live and where she grew up. How she never met Regina in the small town baffled her.

Emma: good morning madam mayor x

Regina: morning miss swan. I trust you had a good sleep xx

Emma: I did miss posh x

Regina: miss posh? 😂x

Emma: yeah cause you said miss swan. Very formal wouldn't you say 😂❤x

Regina: well I am mayor, what did you expect? Me to be a cocky chav that talks like an idiot 😂❤x

Emma: aha you do make me laugh Regina x

Regina: as do you x I'd love to meet you if that's ok x

Emma: well you live in storybrooke right? X

Regina: well remembered x

Emma: why thank you 😂❤x

Emma: anyway I have to come see my parents and my brother later today so maybe I can come see you while I'm there xx

Regina: i'd love that xx

Emma: I'm so excited x😁

Regina: hehe you are funny x

Regina: I should get my son up for school x I'll talk to you in a bit when I'm at work xx

Emma: won't you be working x

Regina: that's the good thing about being mayor. If I want a break I take one xx

Emma: I like a girl who takes charge 😏x

Regina: 😉❤

Emma smiled at there conversation. Regina couldn't get rid of the smile on her face. She got out of bed and went down the hall. She opened Henrys bedroom door and turned the light on. He groaned and pulled the cover over his head. Regina laughed and went over to his bed. "Come on you wake up" she says shaking his shoulder slightly. He was led on his stomach and holding the cover so she couldn't pull it of him.

She stood up and went to the end of his bed. She grabbed his feet and pulled him down the bed. He started laughing and she threw the cover of the bed. His legs were of the bed but the top half of his body was still on. She started laughing and walked to the door. "Get dressed" she says with a smile. He stood up and groaned. She went to her room and got dressed. She went downstairs and met Henry down there. He was dressed in normal clothes since his school gave up on making the kids wear uniforms.

Regina dropped him to school and went to work. Meanwhile Emma was at work. She had her phone in her back pocket just in case Regina texted. She was in jeans and a vest top. She had a tray in her hand and it had drinks on it. She gave a table there order and felt her phone vibrate. She put the tray back and said "Killian I'm going to take my break. You all good out here" her boss nodded and Emma went out back. She saw it was Regina and smiled.

Regina: hi miss swan xx

Emma: don't call me miss swan. It's way to formal xx

Regina: I'm sorry. I enjoy talking to you though xx

Emma: I like talking to you to x

Regina: what are you doing anyway x

Emma: on my break at work x what about you x

Regina: bored at work x

Emma: my shift finishes soon so I'll be heading to storybrooke in about 2 hours. Is it ok I see you in the evening xx

Regina: whenever your able dear x my house is the biggest one in town xx

Emma: I gathered madam mayor x😂❤

Regina: ow god I have to go I'm so sorry. I just got a text saying my son walked out of school xx

Emma: it's ok. Hope everything is alright and I got to get back to work anyway xx

Regina: I'll see you later then xx

Emma: I'm looking forward to it xx

Regina then put the phone in her pocket and called Henrys school back. "Hello" a woman says over the phone. Regina put her mayor voice on and said "hello this is mayor mills. I'm calling about Henry mills my son" the woman smiled and said "ow yes madam mayor. I'll put you threw to the head mistress" she then push a button and said into the head mistress office "line 1" the head mistress pushed the button and lifted the phone to her ear. "Hello" she says while still writing on her forms.

"Hi this is mayor mills. What is going on with my son? Is he back in school" Regina says a little worried about her son. The head sat up and said "ow mayor mills. It's nice to hear your voice. Henry isn't in school. He walked out and as a result he is suspended for 3 days" the head mistress always had a thing for Regina as did most of storybrooke. Regina cursed to herself before saying "was he in English" the teacher hummed and Regina said "ok thank you for telling me. I'll go look for him" before the head teacher could flirt more Regina hung up.

She knew where Henry was. She drove down to granny's and saw Henry sat there with a pile of comic books. As she was tying her hair into a ponytail she went over to him. She sat down next to him and picked one up. "If your going to bunk school don't come to a place out in the open" she says as she opened it to read. He didn't looked up from his comic and said "I wasn't hiding. I walked out of school because Eric was trying to fight me. I knew either way I was getting in trouble so I walked out" Regina looked at him with a smile.

"I'm proud you didn't get into a fight. What I don't get is why your school is punishing you for missing school by making you miss more school. That's stupid" Regina says looking at the comic with a smile. Henry giggled and looked up at his mum. Regina kissed his head and said "I've got to get back to work and your coming with me. That's your punishment for leaving school. You have to spend your suspension in my office but I'll let you have your phone" she stood up and Henry copied.

They walked out with the comics and went back to Regina's office. "Remember that girl Emma. Turns out her parents live here and she's coming down to see them. She's going to pop in and meet us. You better be on your best behaviour" Regina says as they walk into her office and sit down. Henry sat on the sofa and looked over at her. He smirked and she said "don't give me that look" he smiled and looked back at his books. She got on with her work. Emma was on her way to storybrooke now.