Harder than planned

It was midday. Regina was working hard. Her phone started ringing. She saw it was an unknown number and hung up. She was to busy for random chit chat. She put her phone on silent. Emma knew if she did this and wanted to get ahold of her then she would have to call her work phone. Regina's phone started ringing again but she didn't here. It was the same number. She was stressed from all the work.

After 5 minutes later Emma started ringing her. Again she didn't notice. Emma called her work phone. Regina sighed and answered the phone. "Mayor mills speaking. If this isn't an emergency then would you kindly call back tomorrow" Regina says with a stressful voice. "Regina. Are you at your office" Emma says quickly. "Yeah em of course. I'm swamped right now with work" she says with a sigh. "Alright I'll be there soon. We need to talk" she says as she is leaving her work.

"No Emma I'm really busy baby just tell me now" she says balancing her phone between her ear and her shoulder. She started writing again. "Regina it's important and I can't tell you over the phone. Just trust me. I'm on my way" Emma says and hung up the phone. She started driving to Regina's work. Regina sighed and put the phone down. She's gonna have to deal with Emma quickly. She carried on her work. After a few minutes Emma walked into the office a little worried. She went over to Regina who was still working.

"Gina come here" Emma says softly. Regina could here the sadness in her voice. She stood up and went over to her. "What's wrong? I have so much work baby" Regina says as she linked her hands with Emma's. "babe your mum passed away last night" she says softly. Regina's mouth dropped. Tears filled her eyes. "What... my mum died? No" she says as a tear left her eye. Emma pulled her into a hug and kissed her head.

"I'm so sorry baby. Roni called me. She said she tried calling you but you probably didn't answer because of her new number" she says holding Regina close. She kissed her head again. Regina started crying and her legs felt week. Cora may have been a handful but she was still her mother. Emma held her close and said "it's ok baby. Roni is on her way here" Regina nodded and held onto her close. She pulled away and grabbed a tissue from a box on her desk. She wiped the tears away and tried not smudging her makeup.

"Let's go home. You can finish your work tomorrow" Emma says holding her hands. Regina nodded and grabbed her phone. She put it in her bag and walked out with the bag on her shoulder. Emma put her arm around her and they walked to the car. Emma got into the drivers side after opening the passenger door. Regina got in and just looked down. Tears escaped her eyes one by one slowly. Emma put her hand on Regina's thigh and said "are you ok" Regina shook her head softly and looked out of the window.

Emma looked at her for a few seconds. She lifted her hand of Regina and started driving. The drive was silent. Regina just looked out of her window the whole way. Random tears left her eyes. Regina dealt with pain in her own way. She shut herself away and let herself get over it. She zoned out completely. She didn't notice anything. She then felt a hand on her shoulder. She realised she's at the house. Without saying anything she took her seatbelt of and went to open the door. "Wait. Come here" Emma says softly.

Regina looked down and shook her head softly. She got out and closed the door. She went into the house and saw Henry in the lounge. He had his head in between his hands. She walked in and he looked up. His eyes were red and tears had filled them. He stood up and Regina went over to hug him. Emma came in and saw them. She knew what Regina was like with pain. Regina knew what she was like but she couldn't help it. She also knew she had to be there for Henry, piper and Taylor. Cora was a big part in there life.

"It's gonna be ok mum... right" he asked holding her close. Regina nodded softly before she pulled away and said "yeah. I'm gonna go get the kids from school. They need to know" she walked to the door. Emma stopped her by standing in her way. "Let me go. Stay here with Henry ok" she says holding Regina's shoulders. Regina nodded softly and pecked her wife's lips. Emma left the house and drove to pick piper and Taylor up from school. Roni arrived while she was gone. They all sat in the lounge talking about Cora. Regina barely spoke.