0.4

Kennedy and I take our seats at Rosalind's, a small bistro centered in the shopping plaza of our hometown. After last night, we decided we should get up early for a nice breakfast. So naturally we woke up at one and got here half an hour later.

"So, how is Carter?" I ask, eyeing the menu up and down as Kennedy did the same.

Carter and Kennedy had always been close friends with secret feelings as cliche as it sounded. Everyone knew it would happen, the two of them being romantically involved. So when he asked her to formal it had spiked their relationship to a new level.

She blushes at the mention of his name, making me smile brightly. "Good. Which reminds me, we need to go dress shopping soon. We only have a couple more weeks." She states the obvious.

I shrug my shoulders, not really in the mood to go to some dance with people who were trying to keep things PG but ultimately failing. "I don't know. Josh hasn't asked me and as far as I'm concerned he won't. I just want to spend the day and night watching movies and sappy shit."

"Can't forget about having sex with Jockstrap." A voice says from beside us. I turn my head quickly to see the one and only, Finn Quinton everybody.

I look around quickly, hoping no one had heard him. It was a late Sunday so there was a small chance that anyone from school would overhear, but it also meant elders coming back from church were filling the empty seats. "Jesus, Finn. Say it louder why don't you." I say sarcastically, making him fix his stance and getting ready to scream it out. In fear that he would actually say something, I stand up quickly and cover his mouth with my hand. I feel him smirk under my palm before aggressively licking my hand. "Fuck, Finn! You're disgusting." I squeal, sitting back down in the booth and wiping his saliva off my hand.

He winks down at me, before pointing to Kennedy who was bashfully hiding from him. "What can I get you two to drink?" He asks politely.

He takes our orders with no comments about anything until he gets ready to leave. "You haven't like, given Jockstrap a handjob or anything within the last twelve hours, right? Because I don't want his fucking germs in my mouth."

I smirk up at him, shrugging lightly. "Sounds kinky." I wink. He rolled his eyes and left our table, making me smile at myself.

When I look across the table to Kennedy, I see the look of disapproval. "What now, Ken?" I ask rather agitated.

She throws her hands up in the air surrendering, "I didn't say anything!" She quickly says to defend herself. I sigh, letting it go.

Another waiter gave us our drinks, and about another fifteen minutes later our food was brought out by Finn. He plopped in the booth beside me, spreading his arm across the back of the seat so his arm practically kept me in my position.

"Um, what exactly are you doing?" I ask, fiddling with a fry I had picked up.

He shrugs, taking it from my fingers and pushing the fried potato into his mouth. "Eating, what does it look like Mean Mena?" He asks as though it was the obvious.

I roll my eyes, biting into a fresh fry, nearly moaning out how good it was but holding it tightly in. I was a sucker for food. "Clearly. Don't you have a job?" I ask.

He nods his head, squirting ketchup onto my plate. "Yeah. I have to make you come." He states as though it was the obvious. I glare at him, making him smile cheekily.

"I mean like an actual job you ass." I fire back, considering Kennedy already hated him. As do I, but he was useful.

He takes half of my turkey sandwich and bites into it without asking. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have finished it because it was rather massive, but I didn't ask for his help.