0.8

"Callan?" I ask,peeking my head into the kitchen. My sister pops her head out from the fridge, making me smile. She pulls out a million fruits and vegetables and sets them in
The doubter before tanking me into a tight hug.

"God. You've grown so much!" She dramatizes. Last time I saw her was Christmas just a few months ago. She was everything I could ever strive to be with her ongoing degree in business and entrepreneurship in state college. She was a blonde beauty that everyone adored. I guess that's why rejection sits well with me.

I swat her away, pointing to the mess she made on the counter. "What exactly are you making?" I ask, winding around the island to take a seat at the barstool.

"This all organic smoothie I found in the college recipe book. It helps maintain energy levels without the need for caffeine. You should try some. You look like you haven't slept in days."

I should be offended, but I'd just gone through a break up that I wasn't exactly ready to process fully. "Yeah well, Senior year is coming to an end. Finals and shit." I wave my hand nonchalantly, hoping she couldn't see through this happy facade I'd been playing all day.

She nods her head, cutting up a million different ingredients. "How is school, by the way? Everything good? Josh treating you well?"

I bite my tongue, not wanting to openly say he fucked someone else. And despite my jealousy for Callan, she was my sister after all. "Yeah, schools good. Need any help?" I ask, neglecting the second d portion of her questioning.

She raises and eyebrow, placing the knife down on the cutting board as she glares at me. "Did something happen between you two? Because I will totally-" her words are thankfully cut off by the doorbell ringing loudly troughotut the house.

I run to the door, escaping awkward confrontation only to find the last person I expected to be standing on the other side. I look behind me, the the side, everywhere. "Um. What the fuck are you doing?" I ask, making his body push by me.

"Sorry, did I get the time wrong? I thought we were supposed to be working on math. I can come back-" Finn points to the door, playing it so cool. I glare at him, watching as Callan enters the foyer.

"No, no. It's fine. I'll just be down here. I'm Callan by the way." My sister extends her hand, falling for this little trap.

He takes it, a vibrant, an innocent smile on his mildly attractive face.

Stop.

"Finn. Finn Quinton."
I roll my eyes, grabbing onto his leather jacket. "Anyways, James Bond and I have to study." I glare to Callan who was more than just checking him out. She was literally undressing him.

She nods, backing away with her hands raised in surrender. "Right, right. Keep it in your pants, door open, can't have my baby sister losing her virginity now, can we?" She raises an eyebrow, making me blush in embarrassment. I hear a soft snort beside me, causing my elbow to jam into Finn's side.

"Of course not. Just er English."

Callan raises an eyebrow, losing her trust. "And math. English and math. He's failing. Kind of sucks at everything, you know?" I bite my tongue. Please don't let this land me in Hell. Oh who am I kidding?I'm not going to Hell for this. I got a goddamn list full of reasons.

She gives in, shooing us upstairs. I drag Finn by his sleeve, shoving him onto my bed. "Clearly you have a damn death wish. Callan looks all fluffy and chill on the outside, but bitch is crazy." I hiss in a whisper in case my sister was eavesdropping, something she always did when we were younger.

He shrugs, letting his torso fall onto my bed. "Crazy hot maybe." He mumbles, looking as if he was picturing her naked. Oh my God...

I swat him playfully, only for him to yank me on top of him. I laugh lightly, smiling down at him as his eyes fixated on my own. "She's my sister you Huckleberry." I state, poking his chest with my index finger.