•0.2•

How they managed to get me out for this long was beyond me. I walk with them into the largest motel in this town. There was supposed to be a raging party and it was definitely bustling with booze and music. The best thing though, it was abandoned in the woods. So I guess I should say, it was, the largest motel here. I never liked motels. Not after Bates Motel. That shit is hard to get over.

Cops rarely cared if there was a party here unless there where narcotics which truthfully there was. People were getting high off in a desolate area.

Orie hands me a drink that she had concocted herself which I was fine with. I trust her better judgement. For the most part.

I down small sips and watch the party increase in it's population. I recognized quite a few people, just not enough to be entirely comfortable.

"Stranger danger," someone calls from beside me.

I could immediately recognize the voice like it'd been lodged in my memory. "Hey, Zach, long time no see," I call over the loud music and screaming people in their late teens.

He nods his head, sipping from his cup. "Yeah, has been. How've you been?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I've been better. Yourself?"

He nods to that, his hand raising in a cheering motion. "Same. So, rumor has it you and Flynn Quinceton fucked the night we were supposed. Talk about a downgrade."

I nod my head in humorous agreement. "You can say that again. So, any particular reason you're hanging around here?" I ask, lifting myself onto the shitty fence that could probably combust underneath me.

"Free booze, horny girls, what isn't there here?" He shrugs, leaning against the fence beside me as we both examine the crowd.

I snort unattractively, not caring because truthfully, I wasn't sexually attracted to Zach. Actually, I haven't been attracted to anyone since... Finn.

"Spoken like a typical man." I wink, sipping the last of my drink. He takes the red cup from my grasp and tips it towards me.

"I'll get you a refill as long as you don't sneak off with another man."

I throw my hands up in surrender but can't help but smile. "Can't make any promises."

With that, he vanished into the loaded crowd of hormonal teens with little to no self control with the help of alcohol and drugs. I found myself eyeing the crowd, and I knew why. I can lounge on this fence, pretend like high school is really in the past, but it's been a week since I graduated. I know what or who rather, I'm looking for. This was his scene and it seemed odd for Finn Quinton not to show up at a raging party with loose girls. Can be taken both ways might I add.

I'd lost Orie and Ken within the span of five minutes. They were more in the partying mood than I was. I couldn't blame them however. Both passed with high honors and waited until after high school to do their fair share of high school things. Excluding Orie who had some pretty amazing stories from previous schools and what not. But I just couldn't get in the mood. It was like this force of a dark cloud drifted over me and was continuously controlling everything I do and there was no way to stop this pitiful emotion.

I spot Zach talking to a girl briefly before returning my cup to my hand. "And they say chivalry is dead," I laugh, making Zach smile as he sips his own beverage.