•5.2•

Falling asleep on this particular night was difficult. I couldn't pinpoint why, even with Finn's arms wrapped around my naked body, I couldn't do so little as close my eyes.

I wasn't having second thoughts. But I was having thoughts. I was more than grateful to have a ring perfectly fit around my left finger, but did I deserve it?

What had I really done right for him? Was I even enough? Finn was someone who acted as though he hardly deserved anything, but the reality was, at least in my eyes, he deserved the moon. Was I really going to live up to the expectations I'll set for myself?

I love him undoubtedly. But there were people in his class, and much more beautiful than me. I'm being pessimistic, but when women like Georgie exist, the kind of women who are comfortable with their bodies and look better than any piece of pie I've ever seen, it's gut wrenching to think someone would settle.

I began to feel cluster-phobic in his grasp, so I skillfully, or not so skillfully, remove myself from his arms and I manage to cover my naked body with a shirt I'd found scattered on the floor.

Leave it to us to dirty room in so little time.

I make my way out to the living area with my phone in my hand.

I'd texted my parents saying we had a late night and we needed to sleep which they replied with a video of all of them saying their good nights and Ash waving like an absolute maniac.

I open my phone and dial a number I knew by heart at this point.

The phone rang a couple times before a groggy voice filled the other line.

"Philomena?" She asks, her voice filled with absolute shock at my dial.

"Hey." I state monotony, not knowing why I was even calling her.

"Wha-what are you calling for?" She asks, making my heart drop to my stomach.

"I don't know if you heard but, I'm in London right now. Great place, great place."

I hear her comforter ruffling before her voice fills the line again. "Mena, what's wrong?"

I completely lost myself in a childish fit of tears. It was pathetic, I know. But what do I have to offer Finn? What do I really have that he would find love in?

"Finn proposed," I finally say once my crying pants soften, "Well, sort of. Prepropsal? Shit, Kennedy."

Ken audibly gasps, making me snicker to myself. "Yeah, I know. I was as shocked as you are. I don't know why I called really. I know you don't like him and maybe you have a right to but I just-after everything with Georgie, I felt so alone. But you and Orie helped me and I don't know what to do."

"What did you say?"

I snort, "I said yes, of course. And I want to be with him, but there are so many other girls he's going to find in college, and he'll want to be with. I just have nothing to offer and I'm sorry I'm taking up your time I'll just go, Ken," I ramble, realizing how inappropriate this call probably was considering where we are left standing.

"No, Philomena Myla Grace you best not hang up on me now, okay?" My silence seemed to answer her as she started talking again, "I was out of line. I was just jealous. I always have been. You've had not one, but two guys chase after you. Finn Quinton was paying attention to you and I got jealous over it. And I'm so fucking sorry about that. But you and Finn are everything and more. You love each other, you have an emotional connection worth climaxing for. It's not every day you come across a guy who can fix your problems and fly you off to another country. If Finn wanted someone else, he could have them. But he doesn't. He so clearly wants you and that hasn't changed since day one, so why would it now? He makes you happy, and I'm sorry that I was so overdramatic and secretive but you deserve so much, and I think Finn can give it to you."