•2.9•

"We need this, and this, oh! Definitely these!" Finn says, dragging my ass down the many aisles of Target. We were currently raiding the candy aisle like any good citizen would do.

"Finn, you're going to become poor and then I'll have to be generous and let you sleep in your box outside of my house," I groan as I push the cart while following his ass through the rows of candy.

He shrugs his shoulders while scanning a bag of starburst. "At least I can sneak into your room every night and fuck you," he shrugs nonchalantly, making my cheeks heat dramatically, "Starbursts or SweeTarts?" He turns to me, smiling cheekily.

I roll my eyes at the childish features painted on his face. "You decide, and then can we go? I feel like people are staring," I admit while burying my head in my folded arms that are on the handle.

It's just Target, I know. But South Side Target is different. Probably not. I'm just so self conscious for probably no reason.

"If they're staring, it's because I'm here. And I'm hot," he shrugs, tossing both bags into our already overfilled cart. "Besides, we're almost done. One more stop and we can leave."

I look up at him curiously but before I know it, he's behind me and pushing the cart with me trapped between.

I felt my pulse increase as he accidentally grinds his body closer to mine as we make our way through the unfamiliar store.

Before I know it, we're standing in the most amazing aisle I think anyone could step foot in. "What do we need blankets and pillows for?" I ask, staring at the many comfortable items that I would love to curl up on and under right here, right now. Because who wouldn't want to hide from all their responsibilities?

"Is that really a question, Mean Mena? We're making a fort, clearly," he scoffs as though I should have pieced that together.

He begins tossing the blankets and pillows into the cart, not even caring about the price. Must be nice. I can hardly afford items at the 99¢ Store.

Once he was satisfied, and my eyes were bulging from my eyes, I look up at him. "Have I mentioned I love you lately? Because fuck," I say in the most awe-filled voice I think any human could conjure up.

Finn laughs while walking around the cart. I feel his hand place gently on my ass, making my eyes widen even more. "No, but I love hearing it," he whispers softly as his hand discreetly caressing my entire butt. I couldn't be anymore happier that he was covering his small actions with his broad body. PDA is not my strong suit, especially this level of PDA.

•———•

"Alright," I say, placing the final bags onto the countertops, "Do you want fort or candy duty?" I ask, smiling as Mena stares in awe at the view.

"I'm a terrible architect, I mean really bad. I forget the windows in Sims, so I'm taking the candy," she throws her hands up in defeat as she approaches the many bags of candy.

I nod, leaning in to kiss her only for her to turn her cheek. "Really?" I groan jokingly, "You're still mad about that? It's rude to make you carry all the bags upstairs."

Mena rolls her eyes as she empties out all the bags full of candy. "It's 2018. I can do whatever guys can," she mocks my joking groan before mumbling an all too audible, "bitch."

I don't continue the conversation seeing as the entire sexist conversation wasn't what I initially planned for our first night together. Granted we've stayed together countless times, but she's going to be here on weekends. It's as close as I'll ever get to going back to the final months of high school with her.