•3.1•

A light sigh echoes through my room as my bedroom door latches shut.

"Ash is out cold," Finn announces with a vibrant smile and he approaches the end of my bed.

I look up from the book I had sprawled across my legs and give him the same warm and welcoming smile.

"That's good. I'm glad you two had fun."

Finn loops around the bed and presses a soft peck to my lips. He takes a seat on the edge and rests his hand on my bare knee. "Everything okay, Mena? You've been off since I got here. Did I do something? Because tell me if I did. I'll fix it."

I rest my hand in his and fiddle with the padded flesh surrounding his rather large fingers.

When he got here to spend time with Ash, I took my leave and departed to my room to read whatever book I could grab off the shelf in my room. Most were already done if not well on their way. I found myself putting away books before hitting the ending. They just sadden me when things are over. Seems natural to me.

"Yeah," I admit with a tired sigh, "I went to see Kennedy today. I figured hearing about us from some bystander wasn't at all how I planned so I stopped by. It just, wasn't the response I was expecting."

Finn lets go of my hand, making fear course through my body for some unknown reason. He slowly lifts my body from the bed before sliding into my previous position and resting me on his lap.

I bury my head in his neck for the emotionally support that I genuinely needed.

"I know she's your best friend, Mena. I don't think anything could change you two. At least I hope nothing does. And I don't want to be the cause. But, I think if you're happy, then any good friend would be too. I get the concern. I was fucking you over continuously. I don't think you can ask anything of her. Whatever she decides to choose is entirely her own, but I also think she should be considerate of you. I really hope I don't sound like some asshole."

I push my head off of him and smile weakly. I raise my hands to either side of his cheeks and press a passionate kiss to his lips.

"You sound philosophically perfect, thank you," I smile, "The funny part is, she had Carter over."

His eyes widen as a look of shock covers his face. "I mean, damn. That's a little hypocritical."

I nod, resting my head in his neck once more. It felt nice to be in his grasp. It's what I needed. I didn't need my family, my friends, just Finn as dumb and dependent as that may seem.

"So, what'd you guys do?" I ask, changing the topic so my mind could finally stop thinking about Ken, even if it was only for a few minutes.

A bright smile crosses Finn's lips. His smile was more the contagious. It was hauntingly contagious. I loved seeing his gorgeous features light up into the brightest smile there ever was. Was I being too dramatic about a damn smile? Probably. But with the day I've had I don't see how I could make it worse.

"We played the Xbox, made a few houses with legos, watched some Power Rangers, ate some ice cream, talked about girls, his friends, you've got yourself one hell of a brother, Mena."

My lips curve into a smile before I press my lips onto his for a brief kiss. "I've myself one hell of a boyfriend too."

•———•

The sound of creaking footsteps stirs me awake. Finn and I fell asleep during our talking I guess considering I was still resting on his lap with my legs hung around him like a sloth.

The sound alone made me scared because being home relatively alone was a scary act to begin with. I turn my attention over to the door, praying no one would open in and jump in with a knife. I'm too young to die!

The creaking stops, making my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach. That's it, I'm dying. I'm going to live in hell with my new man Satan. Probably shouldn't think that while a serial killer is outside my door probably with a knife in hand.

My bedroom door creaks open, and once the light shines on the person standing in front of me, I let out a sigh of relief.

I hopes of not waking Finn, I move my body off of his slowly and tip toe across my bedroom floor until I'm face to face with Ashling.

I bend down now fully awake and scoop his light self into my arms.

I sneakily carry him out into the hall and just over to his bedroom.

Our parents were out for the night, as well as Callan for some sort of business thing. Not that I minded. It was like old times with Finn minus the loud fucking and him being over here only for my brother. I should probably feel jealous that my boyfriend came over to be with someone else, but I'm not.

"What are you doing awake?" I ask, placing him down onto his bed.

He shrugs, covering his little legs with the comforter. "I couldn't sleep. Well actually I could and I was but then I woke up and realized I've been mean to you."

I shake my head vigorously and run my hand through his bedhead. "Don't worry about it, Ash," I quickly assure him.

He shakes his head too, "No it isn't. I was mean and there was no reason. Finn is your boyfriend and I was mad that he was spending time with you. But I get it now. He told me what he did and I'm sorry for that too."

As he lowers his head I pull him into a tight hug. "Ash, no. That's nothing to be sorry about. Life is cruel sometimes and we all deserve it at one point or another. I get why you wanted to be closer to Finn. You two are disgustingly similar," I laugh lightly, making the corners of his lips curl, "But I hope you understand that I love both of you and whatever relationship you want with Finn, I'm never going to stand it the way."

Ash sighs, dragging out the long breath before tightly squeezing me. "I love you, Mena." He whispers so silently I almost didn't hear him.

I press a soft kiss to the top of his head, "Love you too, Ash."

•———•

Sorry this was shorter than necessary. I've been stuck again, and some events just happened that make me genuinely hate my judge of character.

Papi is no longer Papi. We're going to call him Cedric because I looked at my Harry Potter poster while trying to write. Anyways, not that any of you care or want to know, but I like updating you about my life because you're all part of it. Okay, that was too cheesy for even me.

It's no secret I have issues with my biological father. But my sister lives with him despite the shit him and I have been through along with what he's done to my brother and sister. Well, Cedric was the first person I went to when everything went to shit. He helps me when I see him, he sends me pictures of his dog who was jokingly my boyfriend. So I thought we were actually friends, ya know? But he went up to my father's house to hang out with my sister. My sister gets everything, so why wouldn't she get Cedric? Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pity fest, it just hurts that Cedric was never a real friend.

That's why it's short and to the point. I'm just sick to my stomach about this whole thing. Sorry for unloading on you guys lol. Feels better to type it out I guess haha.

Anyways,

Go check out my other works:

•Abducted
•Summer Sex
&
•2,213.3 Miles Away