2.5

IF YOU CAN GAZE INTO THE FUTURE
YOU MIGHT THINK LIFE WOULD BE A BREEZE. SKIP SOME SHIT
THAT'S SO RAVEN
•———•

"So, are you and Finn going to Prom?" Ken asks as we load our packed belongings onto the massive bus. It was six thirty in the damn morning, and to ensure we'd be there by three at the minimum, our school decided to haul us up this early.

I shrug my shoulders tiredly as we make our way to the line formed for entry onto the massive block of transportation. "Not that I know of. Am I just not dance worthy? Josh didn't want to go, Finn hasn't asked. I don't know."

She throws her arm over my shoulder and pulls me tightly to her side. "You are definitely dance worthy babe. He'll ask, and if he doesn't, I'll make him."

I lean into and let out a tired yawn. "Thanks, Kenny." I yawn out, making her laugh.

The bus was separated into three seats each row. That honestly made sitting difficult, so Carter say across from Finn, Ken, and I. Finn and Carter were getting closer thankfully. I liked the idea of my best friend's boyfriend to be friends with my boyfriend. I don't know, something about that just makes me happy. Finn makes me happy.

My head gently rests on his shoulder as the final students take their seats. The attendance is called, and the bus pushes from the parking lot and into the long narrow road with not so promising adventures.

I found myself shifting into a much needed sleep. Truth was, sex made me energized as hell. But Finn hasn't really made any moves for a couple days. I understand when Carter and Ken were over, but not now. They aren't, and Finn and I have the entire house to ourselves. The possibilities are truly endless.

I'm shaken awake after what felt like a second of pure sleep, so see a sleeping Finn and Carter, but a bored looking Ken. I scowl, ready to flip her off before I realize one of the many chaperones was looking around. I didn't want to get bitched at this early in the morning.

"What, hoe?" I ask bitterly, turning to face her. She shrugs her shoulders as her nail glides through old paper of her book. Honestly, only Ken would bring a book on a senior trip.

"I don't want to get car sick, and Carter is passed out. Plus, I'm fine with waking you up. You were drooling all over Finn's lap," she points over to my sleeping boyfriend, which causes me to quickly turn and reach to my mouth.

"Oh you little shithead," I groan once I realize she was lying to me.

She shrugs smugly, making me stick my tongue out like a child. "Dude, I'm bored," Ken groans, slamming her head back into the seat.

I nod my head, turning to watch as Finn readjusts in his seat. He's freaking adorable. "Same. I just want to relax for once, you know?"

Ken's eyes narrow at me before glancing over to Finn. "Uhh, I hate to burst your bubble, Mena, but you're literally the most relaxed person ever. You have sex more than the average human being," she speaks in a soft whisper in case anyone behind us or in front could overheat our early morning conversation.

I roll my eyes even though he was correct. "So what? It gets stressful? We haven't even fucked in a couple days. So.."

I watch as Ken's expressions falters. Clearly she has something on her mind but isn't going to say it on her own. I could try and push it out of her, but I'm not really in the mood to. I know I should care, and I do, definitely do, but I'm here to have a good weekend with the people I care about before all of this is over.