•5.4•

The loud shriek filling the once conversation filled air of Rosalind's disturbs the many inhabitants.

I can't help but let out a loud laugh as a small frail body rushes over to me.

"I told you to call me before you came home you piece of shit!" She gasps, swatting my arm with a spatial that thankfully wasn't scolding hot.

I waste no time pulling her into a tight hug. After being so far away from her, I don't think I'd ever be able to leave for college.

"Missed you too," I laugh, pulling away from her as the conversations around us go back to their topics.

It wasn't like her to completely cuss in front of customers, but in the North Side everyone was close to each other. Either you know Freddie personally, or someone else knew her and you were affiliated with that person.

It was public knowledge that she wasn't stuck on her time. I mean, the woman openly admitted to have a sugar daddy so I don't know how conservative this woman actually is.

"Well, How was it?" She asks, disregarding her duties as she leads me over to an open booth.

"Fantastic. Mena enjoyed herself greatly," I can't help but feel my cheeks redden at the mention of her name. It rolled off the tongue easily. Like other things...

I mentally scold myself, hoping that she doesn't say anything because she would if she caught onto my dirty little thoughts.

"You're whipped, son. I'm so happy for you. If there was anyone meant to be together, it's you and Mena. Now out of curiosity, I am going to be a grandmother right? I mean, if you two want kids now I'm really not going to throw a fit. Or one at all. Little Finns running around all the time. Little Menas sitting in the corner booth reading books, oh goddammit Finn make me a fucking grandmother please!" She cries, taking my hands in hers and pleadingly looking at me.

"Damn woman," I chuckle as she drops my hands to the table, "We talked about it. We definitely want kids but I think we both need to finish college. You know, actually be stable enough for a life."

My mom narrows her eyes and glares at me intensely. "I looked at your bank account, Finn. You have almost a billion dollars and I'm not even exaggerating. You could build the playboy mansion and you'd still have money to start a damn family."

I'm sure that's slightly illegal but I did give her access to my funds in case it was necessary, I did after all take money from her so it seemed fair.

"But I get it. As much as I want to be a grandmother, I was you to have a good life a little more. Not much. You can fuck off I just want to see my little grand babies. Imagine what they'd look like," she smiles, falling back into her trance.

"Oh shit," she says snapping herself out of it, "Your kids better not take after you or they'll be damn ugly."

I gasp dramatically before wrinkling up a napkin and throwing it directly at her face.

"That's coming out of your paycheck," she mutters, standing up from her seat to return to her work.

I pull her into a tight hug, "I should get home. Ash and Mena are staying over and I promised to buy some junk food and pick out family friendly movies."

She smiles brightly as she pulls away, "Watch the Bee Movie. I heard that's good."

I furrow my eyebrows curiously, "Where the fuck did you hear that?"

She shrugs, stepping backwards cautiously, "According to all known laws
of aviation, there is no way a bee
should be able to fly."

"Go back to work, mom. You're becoming insane and it's worrying!" I call as she walks in through the kitchen door.