1.7

"Josh, can we talk please?"

I watch attentively as he turns his gaze to me. I was more than intimidated by the group of basketball players surrounding their God of a point guard. He wasn't even that good. Then again I'm just a bitch.

He looks across the table to me, his laughter of a smile faltering into an expression of both annoyance and pure hatred for me. And for what? What did I ever do to him?

"Sure, Philomena. What could you possibly have to say?" Georgie answers for him, her hand resting on his forearm to ensure her title as his newfound girlfriend. Hope she likes missionary.

I clear my throat awkwardly and shuffling my palms into my back pockets. "Erm, actually I think it would be better to speak in privacy."

He snorts, motioning his hand around the table. "Anything you say to me, you can say to them."

I nod my head, not sure where I truly was headed with this because my confrontation skills were nonexistent. Goodbye business diploma. Not that that is what I was to do with my life.

"Fine. I just wanted to clarify, I'm not your girlfriend anymore if I ever was. So all this fighting, this stupid war you seem to have with Finn, needs to stop. Finn and I never slept together. We're friends. That's all."

A look of humor crossed his face as he glances around his secluded group of friends. "I don't know what he's been telling you, Phil but you're a smart girl. I have no doubt you two ever slept together. Because you're boring as hell in bed. Although, I heard about your steamy little PDA in the hall. If that was to make me jealous, I'm not. But I get it. I know you wanted to be good enough for me. But you just weren't."

I roll my eyes, not wanting to seem like his words affected me but they truly were. Was I to blame for our lack of sexual attraction? No. Because with Finn, I was actually capable of it. It had to be Josh, right?

"I didn't come over here to talk about whatever sex life we had. I came over here because I'm sick of this stupid feud you have for Finn. He didn't do shit to you, so stop starting the goddamn fights. You have a girlfriend and I'm damn sure she deserves a hell of a lot better than you. So get your head out of your ass and appreciate your damn girlfriend."

Georgie blinks at me as though I had just died in front of her. Which right now, I totally wish I would have. I exhale deeply before pivoting to walk away. "Hey, Philly? Tell your little boyfriend to watch himself."

I turn to face a red faced Josh who looked as red as a fucking fire truck. "And why would I do that?" I reply, cocking an eyebrow in both confusion and determination to make Josh fuck off once and for all.

"No need to fret on that. Have a nice afternoon, Philomena."

I roll my eyes and walk across the cafeteria to where Ken and Carter sat idly by watching in case he'll broke loose. I take my seat and reach across the Ken's lunch for a fry. She scowls playfully before a look of worry crosses her features.

"How'd it go?" She asks, glancing over to the group of athletes shorting daggers at me. My bad for trying to restore as much peace to these halls as possible.

I shrug my shoulder and dip the fry into some ketchup. "As good as you could expect," I sigh, leaning my head back at the perfect time as Finn brushes his fingers through my hair. I know I should be more focused on the fact that Finn was openly displaying affection, but when his dick is a few inches away from your face, it's a whole other wet story that I am not at liberty to discuss in this current location.

"You know, Mean Mena, this is not exactly the place I thought this would happen, but sure. I'm down," He smiles looking down to me. I roll my eyes and fix my posture.