Filler Chapter

"I had a really nice time," I say as Teddy stops at my car. He nods, resting a hand on the top of the car.

"Me too, Mena. Are you free Friday night? I'd love to see you again."

I bite my lip in pure admiration. Teddy actually wanted to see me and not just to fuck. It seemed all too unreal for a guy his age to be interested in anyone especially me. If he's anything like North High boys, then he'll probably fuck everything and anything. But that's his own business.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask, pushing a stray strand of hair behind my ear. He smirks with a soft laugh before leaning down gently.

"Movie and a meal?" He says as his hot breath strikes my lips. I nod, closing the distance.

It wasn't a full fledged make out session and no tongue was involved, but it was sweet and innocent. Once we part with gasping breathes, he winks. "I'll text you," He leaves with his hands shoved in his pockets and a large, proud smile on his lips.

"Do you like him?"

The voice was less than expected and all around haunting. "Doesn't concern you, Finnly."

I unlock my car, gripping onto the handle to leave the vicinity. As I climb in, I think the coast is clear, but the door is shut for me.

"Mena, I want you to be happy." He says, his featured seemingly haunted with an unfamiliar inner demon that for once, I couldn't pinpoint.

"If that was the case, why'd you fuck me over, Finn? Nothing but a note, not a word at school, or graduation. Complete mute. So tell me, if my happiness is so important to you, then why'd you do it?"

His features had fallen into some sort of inner ear, but it should. Why had he done it, and why was the only thing left to remember a not signed with a nickname that rolled off the tongue like a second language?

"I want to tell you, Philomena. But I can't. I know I don't mean anything to you anymore and this blonde dickwad makes you smile and that's something I could never do. And it's selfish, but with you, I was happy. More than content and I know you want nothing to do with me, rightfully so, but friends is all I ask. Acquaintances even. All I know is that my life was better with you in it."

I hadn't even noticed I was crying until Finn's thumb reaches out and brushes away the stray tears. How dare they deceive me and roll out of my eyes.

We remain in silence as past events relive their prime in my mind. As I turn to face him, I see the most hopeful look to ever cross Finn Quinton's features. But I know my answer having imagined this scenario thousands of times

"I'm sorry, Finn. Not now, not anytime soon. Maybe some day. But just, not now."

•———•

Seeing her with that blonde jackass was too much for even a sober man to take. Alcohol was easy for me to hold but not seeing her kissing someone else, planning another date with someone else. It was more sobering that water and yet drunkenly misunderstood. It could easily mean many things but I choose to believe the worst. Mena deserves pure happiness but I can't give that to her. I can't give her what she wants. She's not Georgie, she doesn't want my money, but me. And that's harder to give out than my trust fund. Everything happened in a flash as she zoomed out of the parking lot and onto the main road. It didn't take long for tipsy anger to kick in and before I knew it, my foot was being slammed against the brick exterior.

I fucked up. Then again, when don't I?

•———•

Super short I know but I've been busy with finals and essays and all that shit so I really have no time to sit down and write a chapter but we hit 20k which is truly amazing and I never thought it'd get there so thank you so much honestly I'm lost for words both literally and literary ha, ha. I'm funny fuck you all. Not really but thank you so much!! I plan to upload more frequently soon but just not yet because I'm busy until Saturday, I know. So I hope this short and dinky filler chapter can get you by for two days, I'm sorry!!

Go check out my other works:

•Summer Sex
•2,213.3 Miles Away
&
•Poor Living Conditions