•1.6•

"I'm sorry, Freddie. I just had no where else to go," I sigh as she places a cup of her infamous tea on the coffee table. She was great at many things, but her tea cured everything. I just don't think it'll work this time.

"You know you're always welcome, Finn. I left the spare key above the doorframe. I'm just glad you caught me on my way out."

I nod, sipping on the tea that tasted so warm across my mouth. It was a change considering how hard it was to maneuver a motorcycle on a raining road.

"Thanks, Freddie. For everything. I just don't know what to do at this point. God, everything is ruined. It's my own fucking fault."

Freddie sits on the coffee table in her back office. I had no where to go, just an open road and a motorcycle. But I couldn't run from Bay View. Not yet, not until I've settled everything with Mena. I'm a dick for thinking I could make this work, but I will. I'll wait for her even if it costs me my entire life. She's worth it.

"Didn't they put you as primary resident?" She asks, making me nod to the statement. On my 18th birthday they gave me the lease but they still paid rent for me. Not like I couldn't afford it considering the account they'd also given me. Wasn't my trust fund but it was survival.

"Then go talk to the landlord in the morning. Get the apartment set in just your name."

I sigh, rubbing my forehead. "South Side apartments are a lot, Freddie. It'll wipe out my card from Jason and Naomi if they didn't already shut it off."

I see her nod lightly as she rests her hand comfortingly on my shoulder. "Finn, let me tell you something. When I was married years ago, I set up an account for my future kids. It sounds really dumb, but I've paid into it every year even though I don't have any. There's around 900,000 dollars combined with next weeks payment. Take it. Settle your affairs."

I bring my eyes up to her and quickly shake my head. "What? No. I can't take your money, Freddie."

A soft smile crosses her features, making everything feel like it wasn't much of a problem. "Finn, it's never been my money. It's always been your's. You are the son I've never had, and sure, you fuck up, a lot, but I love you like my own."

I wasn't a crier, but I with the events taking place in the last 24 hours, I let go of all masculinity I had and collapse into Freddie's arms.

•———•

Who was I kidding at this point? I deserved more than the aching pain of Finn, or Teddy, so what am I doing? I felt broken, but fixed at the same time. The worry of Finn hating me was gone, but the pain of him loving me was still there. I had no reason to believe him. He openly admitted it to our entire senior class isn't he most humiliating manner. Part of me of course believed he'd been lying, but the better part felt like a truck hit me at full blast and told me to believe in him.

He'd done me no wrong leading up to our week lived relationship. Minus of course Josh but was that really a reason to hate him? Because he hadn't told me? It's better for us to learn from ourselves rather than someone else in the long run and I've come to terms with that long ago. So what was this anger raging inside of me?

Was it because I knew what I felt for Finn was only for him? Was it because I couldn't give myself over to Teddy like a good girlfriend would? And when the hell did life become such an inner battle at the whopping age of 18? I have too many questions coursing through my brain, too many unanswered ones at this. So what was I to do but sit and cry alone in my bed with a tear stained pillow?

I shake my head at myself as I wipe away stray tears. I could hide until it's time to leave for college, or I could down the bottle of tequila I had stored under my bed for a later date. Both options sounded pretty good right about now but before I could reach below me, my door creaked open. I stared for a moment out of curiosity as a small frame, along with a taller one make their way into my dark room. Their figures were only lit by the hallway light that was always left on due to Ash's fear of the dark along with my own fear of lurkers when I lived alone.

Neither of them said anything as the two pajama clothed figures crawl into my bed and held me tight. Cal stroked my still wet hair from my face while Ash calming soothed me out of this state and into one of tiredness. This entire day was for the worst. Everything leading up to this point, had been for the worst. And who was there to blame besides myself? I've made more mistakes than I could count on a single hand. I deserved this pain, and yet I pitied myself for it.

"Mena, we're here. Just go to sleep," Cal whispers, her hand untangling the wet strand of hair that were clouding my sight from both of them. I didn't want to see their faces. It was alarming on its own that they'd heard my pathetic cries and decided to comfort me. But I needed them more than I could imagine. They didn't need answers even if they were curious. They were here for me, and I feel as though that is something I could only ask for.

Loving Finnly Quinton May have been one of my worst mistakes, but I am never regret it.

•———•

So this was really short, I'm sorry. I felt like last chapter was too emotional to really have one of these thingies to the end ya feel me? I also didn't know what to write for this part so it sucks lmao. We're almost at 1k votes too so thank you!!

Honestly, the thought of this book ending kills me inside. I prolonged t with a second part and yet time flies. We still have a few chapters, I promise. Because just like Noah and Allie in The Notebook, "It wasn't over. It still isn't over." Sorry, that quote breaks me and clearly I'm a romantic and autocorrect just fixed romantic to "tomato chip" IS THAT A THING? I NEED TO KNOW I NOW WANT SOME WTF YOU APPLE COMPANY DICKWADS SHIT. IF IT ISN'T, WE NEED TO MAKE THIS A FUCKING THING. TOMATO CHIPS FOR FUCKING EVERYONE.

Clearly I need to add my little notes to every chapter because shit. I got stuff to say, goddamn

Go check out my other works:

•Summer Sex
&
•2,213.3 Miles Away