•2.7•

"Philly, I'm sorry." My mom says, wiping away a stray tear.

After a long talk about what had happened over the course of a few months prior, she'd fallen into a pit of regret and sadness for leaving me alone. Granted, I left out the climax part and substituted for saying Finn and I met in class and grew close. Leading on with, I grew attached and just changed. Seeing as this was my mother, openly discussing my sex life was seriously out of the question.

"Can I ask," she says, squeezing my hand which she had taken the moment I brought Josh up, "Why get back with Finn if you changed previously?"

I sigh, looking over the various flowers that had just been weeded. "I tried loving Finn while I was still sadly in love with Josh. I think in the back of mind I knew that Finn and I were temporary. But being with him made me realize that I actually cared about him more than I ever planned so when Georgie got involved, I felt completely heartbroken. Butt his time I know it'll be different because he's the only guy I care about, and I know I'm the only one he does. I trust him with my life, mom. He helped me do the impossible, and now that I have him back, I don't want to let go."

My mother smiles as she presses a kiss to my temple. "I'm proud of the young woman you have become. You know, when I was your age, I wanted a tattoo too. Didn't know of what, but I'm glad you got around to it."

I nod my head before smiling deviously. "So, it's still pretty early, don't you think Mom? And my wardrobe is dying down, plus I have a list of things I want to achieve before college so I say, we do them today. You, me, and Callan. It'll be fun," I shrug, watching as she thinks through my idea.

Callan had been off with a group of college friends when Finn came around for dinner which spared the awkward conversation considering their short lived romance thing. Or lack of I guess.

My mother nods before tossing her garden gloves to the side. "Alright. Go get your sister and we can head out," she smiles as I make my way up the patio and into the house.

Ash was still watching his show and as I passed my father in the study I stop. "Dad, you should take Ash fishing." I say as the abrupt plan formulated in my mind.

He glances up quickly and smiles. "I should, shouldn't I? You going out?" He asks, making me nod.

"Cal, Mom and I are going to the mall. So spend time with the kid. He's literally been watching TV all day," I tell on the small kid who I hope to fix my relationship with soon. The problem was, I needed Finn's help and he was working all day. I'd thought about it, trust me.

My dad nods, setting down his stuff before walking past me and into the living room. I was meddling into something I maybe shouldn't be, but he took Cal and I fishing all the time. So it was fitting for him to take Ash as well.

•———•

A hundred stores, which is a completely dramatic statement, we were completely tired. To say I upped my summer attire was an understatement. My bank account has probably run dry, but in the process I took Ash's words and applied to a small boutique in town after our very expensive mall invested afternoon.

Once Cal and my mother were loading things into the car with an inside joke escaping their lips, I had a brilliant idea. "How much time to kill?" I ask, checking my phone for the time anyways.

My mother shrugs her shoulders, and I can't help but smile. Despite how time consuming this entire outing was, there had been one knocking idea on my mind. Actually, make that two. We had informed my father that we'd gotten food at the food court, making our curfew later than it probably should be.