•3.5•

"Man, I wish I had a super hot boyfriend who'd fly me away from my family," Orie groans as I fold my clothes and carefully place them in my suitcase.

"First of all, you don't live with your parents. And weren't you and Zach talking?" I ask, rummaging through my closet for the nicest clothes I had. I was at least going to look presentable, even if I was tempted to grab my oversized clothes that made me look like a saggy boob. Terrible image, I apologize.

She sighs, making me turn and raise an eyebrow. "Yes. Sort of? I don't know. He's funny as hell, and really sweet, he's smart at times but a real asshole who bites more than he can chew. Both figuratively and literally," she chuckles lightly.

I grab a few more hangers of my more nice clothing that I have actually never worn but thought would come in handy if Josh after took me somewhere nice. As fancy as he got with a McDonald's parking lot.

"Yeah, sorry but I don't see the problem?"

She sits up, fiddling her thumbs. "That's the problem. There fucking isn't a problem! How am I supposed to compete with that? I can't even eat a bar of chocolate without looking like I sucked Willy Wonka!"

I scrunch my nose in disgust, "Okay, not exactly the image I need in my head right now! But relationships aren't a competition. He should like you for you. Even when you have melted chocolate dripping down your chin."

She laughs, "Honestly, I was hardly listening. Imagine the Oompa Loopma's just staring at you while you do it. Singing their little song. Oompa loompa doompety doo, Orlena blew our master now she'll blow us too!"

I let out a loud laugh. "It's alarming that you came up with that in a matter of a minute. Do you have nothing better to do than lay in bed and wonder what small orange people sing about you?"

Suddenly, her phone lights up beside her, and she's quick to grunt and flip the phone over.

"Zach?" I ask, making her shake her head, "Then who is it?"

She bites her bottom lip and looks up at my sympathetically. It didn't take Einstein to figure out who it was. I mean, the silence gave it all away.

"How is she, Kennedy?" I ask, folding more shirts and placing them in my suitcase carelessly.

Orie shrugs, clearing the message and shutting her phone off. "I don't know. I haven't talked to her what happened at Rosalind's."

I look down at her like a scolding mother. "You don't have to stop being her friend for my sake, Ore. What happened between me and her has nothing to do with you."

"I know that. But what she did was out of line. Any good friend would be happy. It was obvious you didn't like Teddy. She should have seen that. I'm sorry but what best friend doesn't realize her best friend suffering? Sorry.."

I shrug, "I guess you're not wrong. But I did like Teddy. Just not the way I should have. Not that I'm sorry about that now all things considered. But you could have told me she's been trying to reach out. I'm not mad at her anymore. She said what she needed to, and that's it. If she wants to be a hypocrite then that's her problem not mine."

"And this is why we're best friends, Mena. You're a fucking bitch sometimes, and I honestly love it."

I laugh, throwing the shirt in my hand at her face. She kindly pulls it away from her and folds it.

"I don't know how I'm going to live without you. Two weeks plus some? I'm going to die!" She groans, placing the shirt into my suitcase.

"Awe. I'm going to miss you too! I'll call when I'm free, I promise."