Chapter 20

Th13rteen

Chapter 20

*

*

Aurelia...

"Okay, I'm ready. I want to go see Alex."

For the past three days since my funeral, I've been desperately wanting to go visit Alex. The curiosity of if he'd be able to see me has been eating at me since Linds told me he could see her. The only reason we haven't gone to him yet, and have been hiding out in the In-Between, is because I was scared. I was scared to see his heartbroken face again, to hear him cry over me, and I was afraid he wouldn't be able to see me.

But I was ready now.

"Alright, we shall go at once." She nodded and vanished, leaving me alone in the sunflower field. Since we've only been staying here, and hiding from the world, she has taught me how to appear and disappear. It's easier than I thought. I just have to imagine where I want to go or who I want to see, and I'll appear there. She explained to me that sometimes we're pulled places against our will, and I've been slightly nervous for that, wondering where I might possibly end up.

The first time I practiced, I materialized into Evan's room, only to see him sobbing on his bed. I freaked out, unable to see him that way, so from then on we settled on practicing in our field. On a few occasions, I went to random places I used to visit, where I knew no loved ones of mine would be.

I closed my eyes, thinking of Alex's face, but when I opened them, he was no where to be found.

Okay, so, I haven't quite mastered the skill yet. To be fair, there are a lot of other things on my mind, and I still haven't fully coped with the fact that I'm dead.

"Linds? Lindsey Anne!" I called out into the crowded streets of New York. It didn't take long to register I was in Rockefeller Center, where the ice rink would soon be, come winter.

"Aurelia." I whipped around in surprise, coming face to face with someone who was not Lindsey Anne. In fact, I only vaguely remembered him.

"You can see me." My jaw dropped.

"Oh, Aurelia..." He breathed in relief, looking at me as if I was his greatest treasure. "I have been searching for you for so long." Out of instinct, he tried to grab my hand, but went right through me. "Cursed capsule." He muttered.

"Who are you?" What I really wanted to ask was ′why do I recognize you?′ Before he could answer, it clicked.

Falling, green eyes and curly hair. 'Do not let go of my hand!'

I sucked in a gasp. "Hally..."

He offered a breathless chuckle. "I always did adore your inability to pronounce my name, Princess."

My eyes squinted at his nickname.

He subconsciously bowed a little, which I found quite strange. "I am Harold, but you may call me Harry."

"Um, nice to meet you, Harry." I was a little uneasy until he straightened up, dropping the strange motion of bowing.

"'Tis wonderful to finally see you after all these years." He beamed.

Okay, it's apparent he obviously used to know me, but to me, he's a stranger. All the formalities are freaking me out.

He noticed the weirded out look on my face, and caught the eye of a passing person, probably looking at him strange for talking to air. "Come, we have much to discuss."