Chapter 43

Th13rteen

Chapter 43

*

*

Aurelia...

"Do I even wanna know?" Evan asked me after I nearly rammed right into him.

"Just a cherry red snow cone chasing after us." Nixie snickered.

"What did you do?" Evan squinted his eyes at me.

"Why do you always assume it was me!" I shrieked at him, earning a chuckle.

Rolling my eyes, I gave him a once over. "You look nice." I complimented his earthy maroon suit. He looked like he fit right in with the people.

"I am expecting that back in mint condition." Harry warned, not wanting his suit ruined. If it wasn't for our powers, and being able to shrink magical clothing, Evan would never fit into Harry's clothes.

"I promise, I won't ruin it. And, thank you. Relly," he grinned, "I feel so royal." He puffed out his chest, which immediately deflated with an exhale of nerves once he caught the eye of the girl next to me.

"Lindsey Anne, hi." He awkwardly waved like a nerd.

He is definitely crushing hard and he definitely won't hear the end of it from me.

"Hello, Evan." She squeaked shyly, turning to me abruptly. "I promised Lady Margaret I would play in the snow with her and some of the orphans. I must be off." She nodded curtly at me before running off.

I looked to Evan who looked bummed. "Was it something I said?"

"No, Ev, you're fine. She's just...shy around new people. Don't forget, she was dead for a hundred and forty three years."

"I guess you're right."

"You are gonna pay for that stunt, little miss flower petal." Alex panted, out of breath, catching me in his arms before anything else could be said.

"Wow, Nixie, you were right. He is a red snow cone." Evan snorted.

I giggled, turning to face my icy boyfriend, who was indeed red in the face, due to embarrassment and having been pelted in the face by snow.

"Whatever the Princess did, I am sure it was well deserved." Harry added, making me laugh harder.

He leaned real close to my ear, so only I could hear his words. "Oh, you laugh now, but just you wait until we're alone, sweetheart." He squeezed my hips, leaving me breathless.

After his threat, the five of us decided to get some food from the buffet. We filled our plates to the brim before heading to the special table, specifically for the two royal families, at the front of the castle steps. Nixie, Evan, Harry, Will, and soon Lindsey, were all included at the table, as they were all dear friends.

"I've never had such delicious food. This is the true definition of eating like a King." Evan boasted as he shoved more food into his mouth.

Both of the Queens laughed, still adjusting to my wacky human friends behavior.

"I am glad you are enjoying your first royal celebration. I will send your appreciation to our kitchen staff." Grandma Daisy said kindly to him.

"Princess Nixie, your dress is lovely. Is it made of real water like how Prince Alexander makes his wardrobe of ice, and Princess Aurelia wears real flowers?" Lindsey asked, staring at Nixie's gorgeous dress in awe.

"Thank you, Lindsey. Yes, it is. It's very thin strands of water, woven together to look like cloth." Nixie grinned, proud of her gown.

"Fascinating." Lindsey's eyes widened. She's always taken aback by all the new things she learns.