Chapter 28

Th13rteen

Chapter 28

*

*

Alex...

"For every single tear the Princess sheds because of you, I will slice a finger off your hand, and once there are no more fingers left, it will be your toes." Harry said as he flashed the silver of his sword in my face. "Every time a cry escapes her mouth due to something you have done, I will take a new limb as a trophy. And if her heart so much as cracks, it will be your heart that burns in my fireplace."

I gulped as I remembered Harry's words, desperately trying to shake them out of my head.

Was he a little over dramatic? Yes. But I admire the protectiveness he has over Aurelia.

Honestly though? I care about her so much that I would do the same thing as him if I were in his shoes.

"We are almost there!" Harry shouted back to us as we all fell through a magical portal for the second time today.

I squeezed Aurelia's hands, feeling the nerves creep in.

I was about to be home. My real home.

I have no idea what to expect, and that makes me worried.

I felt my feet land, and the magic around us slowly fizzled away. I don't know what I expected, but I definitely didn't expect what I saw. Maybe I thought we would end up in a room made of ice, or to have snow covering the floor. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at the plain wooden room, with nowhere near half the intricacies that Aurelia's castle held.

Maybe people with ice magic don't care as much about detail and beauty?

The only thing that told me it was my castle, was the fact that the temperature had seemingly dropped, and the wood was much darker.

While Aurelia's castle had golden, honey-brown wood covering the floors and walls, this room had extremely dark wood, like that you would find in a snowy cabin in the winter.

"Here we are. The 1st Kingdom." Harry said, sounding a little apprehensive. I could understand his anxieties. As a man who came from a land where they thrived off the sun and warmth of the warmer seasons, it probably felt strange to be in a land where the magic unknowingly kills most of nature.

"Prince Alexander." The three of us turned around, not having noticed the man standing in the center of the room. "I have been awaiting your arrival, and am overjoyed at your return."

I stared at the man, feeling slightly uncomfortable at his bowed head. I felt a nudge in my side as Aurelia urged me to speak. "Um, thank you?"

"You will remember me in a short while, but I shall introduce myself now anyways. I am William, Captain of the Royal Warriors, and your Guardian."

Oh, so this is William. I vaguely remember Harry mentioning him back in New York. "Uh, nice to meet you, William." I said awkwardly. I took in how similar he looked to Harry with their royal guard outfits. However, while Harry had a green and gold uniform, with maroon accents on it, William had a white and light blue outfit, that was covered in silver accents. Even though he had a buzz cut, he still had the same youthful look as Harry, leading me to believe he was around twenty five in human years as well.

He smiled respectfully at me before turning to Aurelia. "Nice to meet you as well, Princess."

"Thank you. The pleasure is all mine." She answered back with a skilled curtsey.