Chapter 50

Th13rteen

Chapter 50

*

*

Aurelia...

"You have snow in your hair." I commented once we were alone.

"Really? You almost die on me, and the first thing you mention is my hair?" He chortled, leaning over the bed to shake out the snow. "Will said it's because I was heavily distressed, so my powers just kinda went haywire to keep me calm."

"I get it." I nodded in response, running my fingers through his hair and being instantly calmed by the coolness.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He subconsciously squeezed me tighter.

"Me too."

We embraced each other in silence for a while, before I decided to break it.

"I tried to pretend it was you, you know."

"You pretended it was me who tried to kill you?" He half was teasing and half was concerned.

"No, silly." I whacked his chest. "While I was sitting there, alone, I tried to imagine the ice as yours. It helped me not feel so alone. It helped me feel comforted, like you were there holding me through the pain." I explained softly.

His face scrunched up and he looked like he was in pain himself. "I'm so sorry, Rel. I'm sorry I wasn't actually there to hold you through it."

"It's okay. You're here now."

"And I'm not leaving again."

We fell back into the same silence, and before we knew it, two hours had passed. I felt so relaxed, laying here with him while he played with my hair. I really missed him over the past two weeks.

"What now?" I asked in a whisper.

"What do you mean?"

"It's going to come back."

I heard him heave a sigh, and he planted a kiss on my head. "I know."

"I'm scared."

"I'll protect you."

He held so much certainty and promise in his words. "I know you will." I muttered.

"Will taught me some new skills. Wanna see?" He asked, sitting us up more.

I looked at him expectantly while he closed his eyes and evened out his breath. I started to hear crackling, and watched in astonishment as his skin froze over, turning into thick, solid ice.

Before I could blink, Alex was replaced with a solid ice statue. I could see all the way through him, and feel the cold radiating off him.

"Wow, this is amazing." I puffed out a breath of air in awe.

I knocked my fist against him, feeling that he was indeed a solid block of ice.

"I'm indestructible this way. Nothing can stop me." I shrieked when he started to talk and move, surprised by how mobile and life-like he still was.

I vaguely remembered the evil woman turning her hand into ice when she struck me. It was nowhere near as terrifying seeing Alex like this.

"Whoa. That's amazing!" I squealed as he started to stretch out his arms.

"I can still move the same, and am just as flexible, but I'm solid ice." He explained further.

It was incredible how his facial expressions were still the same. Even his grin in ice form was breathtaking.