Chapter 29

Th13rteen

Chapter 29

*

*

Aurelia...

"Alex! Alex." I shook him in concern, trying to shake him out of his trance. It hurt my heart seeing him so blacked out and distraught. Whatever was haunting him, I didn't like it.

Seeming to snap back into reality, his eyes shot to mine. I had to hold back a gasp at the amount of tears that misted his eyes.

"A, what is it?" I whispered softly, tenderly brushing my fingers over his cheek.

"I remember." He mumbled, pulling me closer, so he could tuck his face into my neck. "They attacked us. My-my father was shot."

I felt my heart break for him. He and his Kingdom had suffered the same loss and tragedy that mine did.

"Maybe he survived, you don't know." I tried my best to comfort him.

"Yeah, you're right." He stood up and wiped his eyes.

He pushed open the throne room doors, and ran inside the room, not stopping until he reached the woman sitting on the large throne.

I watched the woman rise in shock, running down the steps to meet Alex. They threw themselves at each other, embracing in a never-ending hug. Not feeling like we should be part of this moment, Harry, Will, and I stayed by the door.

"Oh my son, my sweet, sweet son." The Queen cried, indirectly telling me she was his mother. "I have missed you so."

Alex didn't say a word as he continued to seek comfort in his true flesh and blood mother. Half of my heart was breaking from seeing them so distraught, but the other half felt so warm at seeing my boyfriend be reunited with a member of his family.

After what felt like forever, Alex pulled away from the hug, cupping his hands around his mothers cheeks, who did the same back to him. "It's so good to see you. You're just as stunning as I remember." He breathed in awe over the woman who nurtured him for his first seven years. "I'm so sorry I forgot you. I'm so sorry I didn't miss you back because I didn't know you existed."

"Oh, my little prince, do not worry. We are together now." She smiled through tears before pulling him towards her again.

I couldn't help but feel a slight wave of envy pass through me. I never got the chance to have this reunion with my mother, because both of my parents were dead. Gone in the blink of an eye.

I immediately shook off the emotion as quick as it came. I am lucky I still have my grandmother after everything that's happened. I can't and would never be so selfish as to wish Alex didn't have his family too. I could never think or wish that upon him.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to know I'll never hug my mother or father like that again.

While they had their moment, I took a chance to examine the glorious throne room. Unlike Alex's bedroom, and all the hallways, there was no wood in here. The room was completely made of ice. The columns, the floor, the walls, the ceiling and all the beautiful chandeliers, all made of solid ice. It was beautiful. The room sparkled, and every block of ice had different designs and patterns chipped into them. The whole room had a sparkling blue glow and it was exactly what I imagined the real version of Elsa's castle to look like. Absolutely stunning.

I noticed that there were patches of snow covering the floor, meant to resemble carpets. It was very clever and cool. The throne itself was grand as well, made of ice, but with layers upon layers of snow to keep it looking sparkly and comfortable.