Chapter 64

Th13rteen

Chapter 64

*

*

Alex...

A few weeks have gone by, and everyone was living in a little bubble. It has been peaceful and quiet, maybe a little too quiet. It was a nice change though, to be able to go back to training in peace, and spend time with my girlfriend.

Although we were both busy training, I made sure to spend every spare moment I could with her, in fear of losing her again. After the chaos of that whole incident, everyone had been especially cautious with the Princess. Of course, no one was as cautious as I was.

Aurelia and I were currently taking a quick break from training to visit my mother back at the Ice Palace. I've seen her a few times since our return from the mountains, but I've mostly been in the 13th Kingdom. I just didn't have it in me to leave Aurelia's side.

I felt the familiar pull of magic as the portal started opening up, showing glimpses of the snow covered wood on the other side of it. I barely had time to step through before I felt hands wrapping around my arms and yanking me forward. I already knew the culprit without having to look. "Nice to see you, too, Mum." My voice was muffled by her snowy dress.

"Oh, my son, I've missed you!"

"It's only been a week, Mum." I groaned.

I felt an elbow in my side. "Alexander, she's your mother. She's allowed to miss you." Aurelia grumbled to me. "Hi, Queen Krystalyn, it's lovely to see you." She greeted my mother, her voice significantly more perky.

"Hello, sweet Aurelia." My Mum pulled away from me to hug Rel. "Always a pleasure when you visit us."

"Always a pleasure to visit." Aurelia showed off her award winning smile.

It warmed my heart to see my girlfriend and mother get along so well. It was always important to me that my family loved who I was with. I don't see who wouldn't love Aurelia to begin with.

"Come, come, I have something for you." The Queen was practically bouncing as she exited the room.

It was always so nice to see the snow and ice covered walls. I loved Aurelia's bright and colorful home, but my heart always did gravitate towards the cold for as long as I could remember.

I stole a glance at Aurelia to see her tugging a blanket of leaves around her body, tucking her nose into it.

"I always forget how cold it is, no matter how many times I visit." She mumbled, covering her hand in a flame. Everyone was impressed by how quickly she maintained and controlled her newfound powers. Prince Phoenix, Captain Harry, and I were probably the most proud.

After turning a few more hallways, we entered the Throne Room, and it only took a second for me to notice what it was that Mother was so thrilled about.

"No way...is that?"

"Yes, it is, Princess." My mother spoke gently. "It is the Royal Sword of the Ice King. Alexander's Father."

Perched on the throne, that used to belong to my father, sat one of the most famous and magical objects in all the history of Winters Kingdom. It glittered in the light, sparkling with each reflection. As we got closer, I could see the swirl of all the carvings on the handle.

"Is it pure ice?" Aurelia asked, curiosity dripping from her. "I thought it was only a legend?"

"'Tis indeed the purest and strongest of ice." My mother proudly stated. "Forged centuries ago by the first King and Queen. And I assure you, it is no legend."