Chapter 8

(Y/N)'S POV

I wake up to my phone buzzing. I rub my eyes and adjust to the sudden light. I look at my phone it was only notifications, that made my phone vibrate. I decide to be productive and make some breakfast. I tiptoe to the kitchen trying not to wake Jack. I open my cabinet and look for what to make, I find some pancake mix. I look in my fridge to find what to put in them.

 I decided to make strawberry and chocolate pancakes. I get a frying pan and start the stove. I start making the batter. I put the batter on the frying pan and immediately they start sizzling.

 I get out another frying pan and put some bacon on it and cook that. The room is filled with the aroma of bacon and chocolate. My mouth starts watering at the thought of eating these pancakes. 

I am focusing on cooking and then suddenly Jack greets me with "Good morning (Y/N)!" I jump from the sudden noise. I turn around and see Jacks smiling face sitting on a stool next to the island.

 "Good morning Jackaboy." I say getting over the sudden scare." I made some pancakes and bacon." I comment plating the pancakes and cooking more.

 "Oh yay! I'm hungry." Jack responds smiling. I finish making all the food and get the syrup out of the pantry. I get some plates and forks. I hand Jack a plate, and he puts syrup on his and starts devouring the pancakes. I start eating also and they taste so good. 

Holy shit this is good, and I am not a very good cook. All the flavors are bouncing around on my tongue. From the strawberries to the chocolate these pancakes are amazing. We both finish eating and I clean up.

 I walk to my room and get ready for the day. I come out and see that Jack is ready and is watching some TV. I text Sam telling her that she can come over because we are ready. Soon enough I hear a knock on the door. I walk to the door and open it and see Sam standing there.

"Ready for PAX day 2!" she screams excitedly. 

"Yeah!" I yell back throwing my arms into the air in a sort of celebration. 

"You ready Jack?" I ask him, he responds with "Yep." as says he stands up.

 I get my cars keys and purse, and we all walk out the door. As we are walking out of the apartment building, I imagine us walking is slow motion and looking super cool. We all have some cool sunglasses on and look like total bad asses.

 We arrive at my car and while driving there we are playing some good music, and we are all singing all the lyrics. I am not paying attention to what other people think, and I am just enjoying this moment with my friends.

When we arrive at PAX, we are all super hyper. I am ready for another day with Mark, Jack, and Sam at PAX. Jack has no panels today or signings, but Mark has one panel. Mark's panel is just by himself, if he lets me, I will watch. I text mark and tell him that we will meet him in the backstage area. 

"I just texted Mark saying that we will meet him in the backstage area," I comment. 

"Okay, we should probably head over there,"Jack suggests. 

"Oh (Y/N)! I forgot to ask how to yesterday go?" Sam asks. 

"Oh. It was fine. We just watched some of his Cuphead videos and I know what animation I am going to be doing." I explain.

"Oh, so nothing happened," Sam says nudging me. 

"No. We are just friends Sam." I respond. 

"Oh, darn'it," Sam says snapping her fingerings. 

"Why?" I ask confused.

 "Well, It would be so cool if my best friend was dating a youtuber. Also, he is pretty cute you got to admit." Sam comments waving her hand in front of her face, acting like she is hot.

 "Okay. I can admit that he is cute. But for now, we are just friends." I explain.

 "For now? What does that mean (Y/N)?" Sam says nudging me again.

There you go you just blew your cover. Now Sam knows that you like Mark a little. Ugh. This is going to be so awkward now. I just have to make it not awkward and act like I just like him as a friend. Yeah, I can do that. I think nodding to myself feeling confident again.

We all stay silent walking to the backstage area. Once we arrive in the backstage area, we walk in and I see Mark. I walk over to him and greet him "Hey Mark." He turns around and greets me 

"Oh hi (Y/N)."

THIRD PERSON POV

Mark waves hi to Sam and Jack, who are behind (Y/N). They wave back. Sam nudges Jack and whispers "I told you she liked him." Jack just nods and agrees.

(Y/N)'S POV

I hear a faint whisper coming from Sam, but I can't determine what she said. For being usually loud and outgoing. I am shocked Sam was able to whisper that quietly.  I think to myself. Then I hear Sam laugh a little bit.

  Oh, no. She is probably talking about how I like Mark. I turn around to see if they are still there, and they have vanished. I see in the distance Jack pushing Sam away from the two of us. I turn back towards Mark and it looks like he wants to say something, but can't find the words.

MARK'S POV

 Come on Mark think! You look like a complete idiot just standing there. Think Mark ! Think!  I open my mouth and words don't form. I quickly think of what to say.

 "Would you like to join me in my panel?" I say quickly. Good Job Markimoo! * Self-high five* Oh no. Now I am tensing up, and she hasn't responded yet. Play it cool, you don't want her to think that you like her. 

"If you don't want to it's fine. I know you don't really like talking in front of people. I would just like some company on stage and I can introduce you to my fans." I explain. Whooo. It's okay. Everything will be okay. Then she finally responds. 

"Yeah, that would be cool. Also, I can show a sneak peek of your new animation." She responds. 

"Yeah, my fans would love that! Do you have your computer with you or anything to upload it onto." I ask her.

 "Well. I can probably get it through my phone." She responds taking out her phone. This actually worked. I am so happy I can do my happy dance. Nope, not doing that again. I only do that when I am alone and no one can laugh at me. I should probably get out my computer, and she can send it to me. 

"(Y/N) you can send the animation to me, and then we will be able to project it." I explain.

 "Okay. I will send it to you now. (Y/N) comments typing on her phone.

 " What do you want me to send it to?" She inquires.

  "Oh just send it to my email," I tell her what my email is, and she sends it. "It says it sent." She explains looking up from her phone.  

"Okay let's go to where my panel is because that is where my computer is hooked up to the projector," I say gesturing to the general direction of it.

 "What time is your panel?" (Y/N) asks.

 "It's at 1, so after we hook up your animation we can walk around a little bit," I suggest. She agrees by nodding her head. We begin to walk over to the panel.