Chapter 27

(Y/N)'S POV

Mark and I leave Sam to her slumber and walk down the stairs to the living room. I plop down on the couch, I sit Indian style and stare at Mark who is sitting on the other side of the couch. He notices me staring at him, and he turns to face me. He copies how I am sitting, with his arms resting on his legs and his face in his hands staring at me.

Awww he is so cute right now. I mean look at that little face. He looks like a kid, about to ask his parents if he can buy something. With puppy dog eyes, convincing them to say yes. I stop admiring Mark's cuteness and begin the conversation

"Welp when do you want to head down to the beach for fireworks, Markimoo?" He takes a second to answer my question. I see him look at his phone, probably checking the time.

"Well, it is 12 right now. So maybe we can walk somewhere in a little bit for lunch. Then at around 6, we can grab some food and head down to the beach." Mark suggests

"Yee that sounds great. Welp, where do you want to go to eat?"

"Well, there is this nice little Mexican restaurant not too far from here, that we can go to. They have $1 tacos which are v good." 

"Yee that sounds pretty good. Should we ask Sam if she wants us to bring her back any tacos?"

"Yeah we probably should, I've learned that she gets hangry fast," Mark says, laughing a little afterward.

I laugh a little too and then turn to walk back up the stairs. I get a little running start then begin to run up the stairs two steps at a time. I turn to the right and walk towards the door of the guest bedroom and open the door once I reach the end of the hallway. I open it and see that Sam has fallen asleep once again.

Ugh. I don't want to have to wake her up again. I thought she would be up by now. Well, I guess I can just write her a note and tell her to text me if she wants tacos when she wakes up.

I run back the stairs and quickly ask Mark where the post-it notes are. He tells me that they are in one of the drawers on the island. I frantically search all the drawers for the post-it notes. I finally find them and a pen and run back upstairs.

I get back to the guest room where Sam is sleeping. I stand next to the nightstand and use it to write my note for Sam. I write "Hey Sam, Mark and I are going to get some tacos, text me if you want any. K bye- (Y/N)" I slap the sticky note on the nightstand and walk out of the guest room.

I walk back down the stairs and see that Mark is sitting on the couch, looking through his phone. I creep up behind him noticing that he hasn't spotted me yet. I am now about a foot away from him, and he hasn't noticed me. I raise my arms ready to grab him by his shoulders and spook him.

"BOO!" I shout really loud with my hands on Marks' shoulders. When I do this I feel Mark jump.

"(Y/N)!" Mark says laughing, " you scared me!"

"Yeah, that was kind of the point," I say, hugging him around his neck, laughing. 

But I can tell that I really scared him, so I decide to do something cute to make up for scaring him.  I move his now messed up hair away from his forehead and give it a little kiss. I smile after doing this and I can see him blushing.

"Welp are you ready to go Markimoo? I am starving." I exaggerate.

"Yeah, I'm ready now, that I have gotten over you scaring me." 

Mark gets up from the couch and walks over by me and I notice that he is still blushing a little. I start blushing from seeing him blushing. I think he notices this and grabs my face. My face gets even hotter. Then he pulls his face towards mine and I finally realize what is happening.