T2/ Chapter 2

Hannah, A blessing of god to me. My daughter! A miracle you might say.

I drove fast home with a smile on my face. As I drove inside the parking garage, I saw Hannah waiting for me at the main door wearing a blue long sleeves floral frock, her brownish blonde hair tied in two high ponytails and was wearing little white flip flops. She was standing there with a huge grin on her face, her shinny familiar green eyes were glancing at me and she was joining her hands. Why does she looks so excited?

"Honey why are you waiting outside in the cold?" I started walking towards her carrying my bag.

"Jane, fast! I want to show you something" She ran down the porch stairs, held my hand with both of her's and started pulling me inside the house.

Her sweet, soft and childish voice always wants me to shower her with kisses and my arms wants her to squeeze into me. My cute little 4 years old munchkin.

"Han-Hannah! Slow down Baby" I scoffed seeing her excitement.

"Mum here is it" she left my hand and walked to Mom, who was sitting on the couch.

My eyes followed Hannah and soon landed on a very small creature, who had shrunk itself in Mom's lap. It was a little grey kitten! It's same green eyes like Hannah and- were staring at me and it's ears were stiffly standing up.

Hannah picked that kitten from mom's lap and held it in her arms.

"Oh. My. God! Hannah?!" I was surprised seeing a kitten in my house.

"Mom?" I walked near them and sat on my knees before Hannah.

"Mum can we keep Jeny?" "Pleaseeeeeee?" Hannah stretched 'please' in a long puppy voice making an innocent face.

"Jeny?!" I frowned and ran my fingers through the kitten's fur.

"It's her name!" Hannah's face lightened.

"No no no! Don't give her a name so soon! If you give anything a name it becomes special and you get attached to it! And I still didn't say yes" I showed her a slightly strict eyes.

"But mom....." her excitement faded and she seemed sad.

"Where did you find it, Hannah?" I questioned.

"Me and Gran were coming back from Kindy when we- when we saw Jeny under a car. It was cold mom! We then brought her home. Mom please say yes, she-she is so cute like me!" Hannah made that sparkling eyes, and sad face expression, melting my heart.

"Oh come on Jenna, let's keep her she is so adorable" mom requested.

After listening what Han said, immediately the memories with Jimmy flashed before me. He also brought Jimmy home like this only.

I just stared at the kitten for few seconds thinking of the past scenes.

"Okay! Jeny stays" I smiled at Hannah and nodded.

"Yaaaayyyyy!" Hannah merrily started jumping.

I then took Jeny in my arms and started cuddling with her.

Later Dad returned from his friend's house and then we all had our dinner together. Hannah fed the cat some milk.

After an hour it was 8:30 pm. Hannah completed her homework and now we were sitting on our bed. I was drafting an email when Han came to me holding a paper and a pen in her tiny hands.

"Mum, I told you about our fancy dress comp-petition-competition, right?" She stood besides me on her knees.

"Fancy dress competition, Yess??" I removed my specs, kept it aside with the laptop and made Han sit on my laps.

"So the kindy is inviting some children from the Orange. So for them--"

"Wait, Orange?" I frowned.

"What is the place called where the children are who do not have parents?" She looked up at me.

I scoffed at her words.

"That's an orphanage and not an Orange, honey" I squeezed her in my arms.

She is so cute omg!

"Or-pha-nage. So for them we have to donate some old things. This is the notice" she handed over me the same.

I took the notice and read it. It asked for an agreement for donating some particular stuff for the kids, which Hannah already owned. I signed it and gave it back to Han.

I then watched her packing her bag for tomorrow's school systematically. Later she climbed down the bed, picked her bag and kept on her study table.

Later I took out her PJ's from the closet and gave them to her. She got changed by herself, she of course stumbled to wear the Pj pants. She still is learning to stand on one leg and wear the pants. But later she gave up, sat down and wore the pants.

We both then brushed and applied our moisturiser. Han applied face cream on my face and I applied on her face. We both pulled each other's cheeks and laughed. She then covered her soft feet with socks, opened her two ponytails and laid on the bed. We do it every night!

I completed my work till then! Hannah watched some animated and non animated educational videos on her iPad.

Hannah never owned dolls after she grew 2 years old. She likes educational and low level business stuff. She had a large collection of stationary which you have never seen. She got almost three hundred pictures books. Few fairytale books. She was mature more than her age.

She was a silent kid out of the house. Silent and serious. But cutest!

The most shocking thing is, she never asked about her father.

She once asked what a father is. I explained the meaning. The one who loves, cares, protects its child all his life in any condition. Can do anything for its child and can never see them sad! He is the hero of its child.

"So it means you are my mother and my father too?" "This is so nice. I do not have to share my love, mummy" This is what the 3 year old said.

After it she never asked me about her father. Maybe she was happy having only me in her life. She does know children have a mother and father but she shows off me in her school saying I'm her both.

She always takes things in a positive way and this what I love in her the most.

I can't even imagine what would have happened to me without her!

5 years earlier I knew I was going have her! Best day of my life.