Chapter 31

________

We later took Hannah home. From now no hospital trips anymore! It was almost night when everything settled down. I came back to cassie's home. I needed massive rest. Mental and physical both. Niall was there to handle things so I was free now. He was going to stay the night there.

I pillowed my hands below my head, looked at the ceiling and started thinking about what happened today.

Everything happening at the moment was so messed up. It wasn't even one thing. Every problem was linked with each other and was just branching out more. Even though I was handling it pretty well, at some point the pressure of feelings was getting unbearable. Everything and everyone seems to be settled at the moment.

But the person I'm doing this doesn't seems happy. And at the end of the day, this is what matters. Jane's happiness. I know she loves me, I know I love her but.....I can't understand what's beyond this 'but'. Something's are jumbled between us. Like something's are unsaid and unclear.

I still remember when I saw her the first time. A small smile formed on my face remembering that moment when she came out of the house wearing those casual shorts and a sweater jacket. It was so cold and that idiot was wearing less clothes. Our relationship had a bond, a connection. And the name of the connection was Jimmy. And now it's Hannah.

We then spent few days together. I didn't realise I had feelings for her until that night in the park. She was nothing different, but not even like other girls. Many girls are decent, innocent and attractive. But very few are pure. It's different when you feel your soul attached to someone. Once it's done, you cannot undo it, you cannot go away from the person no matter how fucking hard you try. You are blended.

Even if you live away from them for years and think yes, you've moved on and you don't love them anymore, you do. You haven't moved on. You still love them. The day you see them after those years, only one sight of them is enough to make you realise that you don't only still love them but you do it more now!

But sometimes you fall in love with a wrong person. The person isn't wrong but the situation is. There are situations when they don't love you back so you are forced to stay away from them and press down the feelings towards them. But there are also situations when they love you back but the things are messed up in such a way that you can't be each other's. And unfortunately this is my situation.

It's my job to replace my love with someone she deserves because I cannot be with her. Someone who can genuinely love and protect her. And here I found a better person than me. Niall. I'm not happy with my decision but I don't regret it too. It's for the best.

I was just thinking about all those things when my phone vibrated. I checked it and it was a text from Jane. I thought she was mad at me and doesn't wants to talk to me? I anyways clicked on the notification.

J: Harry, remember once you told  me that you'll never let me go? Like EVER?

As soon as I read those massively poking words, my heart skipped a beat. Why did she ask me that?!

J: You said I'm the one for you! You said I'm the love of your life! You said you cannot live without me! What happen to that now?

J: Harry, you don't know but I always was insecure about our relationship then. I never knew if you were serious about me or were going to stay with me forever. But that day when you spoke about not letting me go? I thought of nothing and just dived into your love blindly. I didn't even care if I was going to drown! Cause I knew you were there for me. To protect me. I wanted it! I was happy because of what you said. And you showed it, you meant it, you made me feel it and I knew it wasn't fake! It was real!