4

SooNa

I tied my hair up after doing some stretching in bed and then remembered that I'm not in my apartment, it is the neighbour's apartment and I stayed the night in his spare bedroom, the guestroom to be exact due to a small problem with another people but it is a big problem for me. He told me that he would be clearing up the mess at my door and it would be sparkly clean by the time I wake up, I would only be able to go back to my apartment feeling clean. I wondered if he did it or not?

I got out of the room and the entire apartment is so quiet except for some snoring, the owner is asleep. Isn't he supposed to be out at this time to go to work? Maybe he is a freelancer and doesn't work all the time... I looked around for a note wanting to write something to him, it would be so rude of me to wake him up just to thank him for allowing me to stay the night in his apartment.

"What are you trying to do?" The voice stopped me from reaching the shelves where there were pieces of paper, I withdraw my hands and turned around.

"I was... I was going to write a note to thank you." I told him, my eyes looking down at the floor. I feel like I'm a child again and I'm being told off by my older siblings again after doing the wrong things. "I'm sorry that I tried to touch your stuff."

He gave a big smile. "It's okay... Now that I'm awake, you can say it to me personally."

His smile unknowingly made my heart flutter and my stomach felt a little funny. "I think that I better go first as I need to get ready for work, I have work you see." I showed him my briefcase that I have to bring to work.

"OK, have fun working." He said going to the door, opening it for me.

"Thanks again..." I said and bowed slightly before making my way out of his apartment and into my apartment, it is sparkly clean just like what he promised to and I'm glad that it was clean. I touched my chest area which my heart is still beating fast. Why is your heart beating so fast? You have a boyfriend...

Finally calming myself down for around 5 minutes, I showered, changed into my work attire and got out of the apartment in 30 minutes flat. I'm not someone that spends a lot of time freshening up for a normal workday, it is not like I'm famous and would get pictures taken all the time. I'm just a very ordinary woman that is a lawyer. I arrived safely at my workplace without any mishaps and I sat down at my desk and did the usual routine once again until I got a call from the office land-line.

"Yes? I'm cleaning my desk right now." I told the person after taking off my gloves and placing them on the table. My assistant always calls me by the landline before making her way here as I instructed her, I can't stand her making her way into my office without having the urge to touch anything.

"This is the reception desk, come down to the reception desk right now, Lawyer Gong. There is a person who is looking for you." Who is that person that is waiting for me downstairs? It can't be my parents nor my siblings, they are so busy and they wouldn't have the time to do anything else.

We were so busy with our own lives that we haven't sat down for dinner in 3 months, our schedules always clashed with one another and it is so hard finding a time to meet each other. The only exception is for birthdays and major family events like weddings. I finished up whatever I am doing and I made my way down to the ground level as told by the receptionist where someone is there to meet me. I walked to the reception desk when a man of average height was at the desk tapping his fingers, it was that guy, neighbour guy. What is he doing here?

He looked up and saw me walking to him. "Hey, lawyer Gong..."

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I looked at his attire, he is dressed very normally in a blue T-shirt and jeans, he still got that moustache but he looked much neater than yesterday.

He handed me one bag. "You forgot your heels. You went out of my apartment barefooted." Right. No wonder my feet feel so cold when I got back to my apartment and the fact that I didn't even get to wear bedroom slippers, I normally do when I get into someone's house and I didn't even realize until he mentioned it.

I blushed, touching the nape of my neck and looked at the inside of the bag, indeed my signature black lawyer heels were in the bag. "Thanks, I forgot about that."

"I had the time so I could bring it to you personally."

"How did you know that I work for this law firm though?"

"This is the only law firm that is around here so I figured that you worked here, I asked the receptionist for your name and there I knew that you worked here."

"Don't you have work to do?" I asked him wondering if he worked in a studio with the other painters. Painters nowadays prefer to work in companies where they can get paid more and of course, there are better benefits than a freelancer.

"I'm still working on it, I'm planning to create a theme on it. Guess the theme."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know much about art but I have to go back to my desk, I have a meeting in 15 minutes," JungYeon told me that she wanted to hold a small meeting in 15 minutes when I arrived at the office earlier.

"OK, I will pick you up during lunch. Yours is at 1 pm right?" My eyes opened wide, did he just call me to have lunch with him?